Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Funny Names

Tman33_99

I was doing a project bid walk with 4 different construction contractors. I have heard unusual names before, but never one like this. I big guy, with a scruffy beard. I asked him if that was his real name or one that he came up with, because it sounds like some web site. The name you ask?

"Bimbo Nation". :lol: I am not chitting you, it is on his business card.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When attending the university, at the college, there was this young girl whose first and family name (in Italian) were Annabella Calda, but if you really spelled it slow, it sounded Anna ... Bella ... Calda.

Now, for those of you that don't understand italian, it will sound like you named your daughter "Damn Hot Anne".

I always wondered if the day her parents decided her name, they were watching a XXX rated movie... :rolleyes:

Till this day I could never keep a straight face whenever we were with or my Dad talked about his good friend in business......Richard Head.

Not to be outdone by the parents of one of the larger car dealers in the area who also liked the name....Richard Ide.

:blink:

The parents must have had just a little clue about what they set their kids up for, ya think? :rolleyes:

I heard a news story about a couple in England with the sir name of "Peacock" (sp?) like the colorfull bird. They had their first son and gave him the first name "Andrew" which most people shorten to "Drew." That would make him "Drew Peacock." Break it down if you dont get it.

While I was in Nepal, my landlord's first name was "German" like the nationality......the REALLY screwed up part is that he named his son Hitler! I don't think he quite understood history.

One of the guys that shoots in our club, is named Richard Marx. Goes by the name Dick. He works at the Police Dept in the property room. Whenever i call down to talk to him, whoever answers the phone always breaks into laughter.

• 5 years later...

I was doing a project bid walk with 4 different construction contractors. I have heard unusual names before, but never one like this. I big guy, with a scruffy beard. I asked him if that was his real name or one that he came up with, because it sounds like some web site. The name you ask?

"Bimbo Nation". :lol: I am not chitting you, it is on his business card.

I know the man well altho I havent seen him in the last 8 years. That is his real name and he is a fantastic person with the best humor

My parent seriously consider naming my sister Minnie Happy Spring Flowers. Minnie is my maternal grandmother, Happy my maternal greatgrandmother, and Spring was Happy's sister. Luckily, my grandfather was strongly against the idea and saved my sister a lot of grief. And yes, they are all as Anglo as can be.

I was the lucky one, named after grandfathers. James Woodrow and Lenwood Lawrence. I got James Lenwood.

I used to work with a Mike Hund ( remember the old Mike Hunt joke? ). Well anyway, one day I tried calling him on the phone, but in my haste I dialed the wrong number. Since he always picked up the line, it was a work number, i was surprised when a female answered. Not recognizing the voice, I politely asked "May I please speak with Mike Hund". to which I got "Excuse ME?!"...."yes, Mike Hund please."...."You're an a$$hole, grow up!" And she slammed the phone down. Since I wasn't making a prank phone call, it took me a second to realize what had just happened. When I finally got a hold of him and told the story, he was laughing his butt off at me.

Oh no,,, you can’t top this one,

One of my Bosses in the Army was named, SGT Lipps, great guy, I liked working for him,

I was at his house one evening, and his wife did not call him by his last name, as we Army folks always do,,

She called him Peet,, after a few times,, and when his wife left the room I asked him, What is your First name?

“Peter Lipps” !!!!!!! You have to be kidding!!! All I could say was did your patents hate you? Then he told me his Brothers name,

“Dick Lipps”

How they ever survived JR High School, I will never know.

When I was born my dad arrived late and was asked if a name had been picked out. He thought they wanted my last name...... so I damn near became Walter Walter.

Secondly I had a kid in my high school class named Sterling Weiner III... You'd think if your name was Sterling Weiner Jr. You'd give your kid a break BTW-- We called him Chrome Co## :rolleyes:

My second cousin was born on Christmas and was Named Kandi Kay Kain... cute but the initials were a problem.

Edited by MichiganShootist