Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol brass cleaning

Eric1231

How do you guys clean your pistol brass? I am looking at getting a Dillion 650 and the first station deprimes the brass so it made me wonder. Do you deprime it first then clean it and load it or clean it then deprime and load it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are going to get many different opinions on this subject and it is covered in many other threads. It seems a lot of people are wet tumbling, some use pins some don't . Some deprime the tumble some just tumble then load. some load then clean again in dry media tumblers . Like I said many different ways of doing it .

I am probably one of the last people that uses dry media to tumble brass. I always tumble for an hour or two then into the Dillon deprime and load. I load more for quantity than for quality but I still get clean pretty brass that shots more accurately than I can.

Edited by Rustygun

i wet tumble first then run it through. There's really no reason to deprime and then clean as there isn't much or any benefit to clean primer pockets especially in pistol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I did pins for awhile. Too much work for blingy brass that I'm just going to shoot again.

dry media and nufinish now for pistol brass.

I still do SS pins for rifle because it's low volume for me and gets the primer pocket clean.

I use a cooking colander that fits in the top of a 5 gallon bucket...couple of shakes and all the media.falls through to the bucket.

I have found a mix of corn cob and walnut does my my brass just fine. Not as shiny as wet tumbled, but shiny brass doesnt shoot any better than not so shiny brass.