Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend A Grease Gun?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm finally getting around to performing some maintenance on my 650... I have the zerk fittings on my pivots but I don't know the first thing about grease guns. Can someone educate me and/or suggest a grease gun for me? The 650 is probably the only thing I'm ever going to use it on. Thanks!

Pep Boys sells one for $9.95, I believe, I have a couple of them, use them from time to time. You will need to buy the flex tube separately. It is half-size, which is fine for small jobs like that.

Get one of the mini grease guns just as it comes in package. It's all you need.

And if you really want to impress people buy the marine grease tubes. The grease is blue and matches the press! :)

Or Home Depot, Lowes, etc have the small grease guns and grease...as long as the tip of the gun fits the zerk...

Got mine at the home depot with three tubes of grease.

+1 on the marine grease. The red tacky is nice too.

You don't need to over-think this one.

I have an 8 pound can of grease that I had to use on my Bell 47 G3B1 Helo back in the 80's, it is the finest grease I ever bought, and works great on my 550B and I even use it on my handguns. A little goes a L-O-N-G way. I figure if it is good enough for my helicopter, it's good enough for my press...

Grease is grease!

Don't think you're going to make it as a grease salesman.

Good thing I'm not one then.

Bought a couple tubs of Slide Glide for my pistols and use that or high quality motor oil on my guns. I'm also picky about what goes in my engines.

For greasing fittings on a handle for a low use machine that's doesn't even get hot.... grease is grease.

• 5 weeks later...

i just bought a harbor freight cheapie, works fine

This. Along with the black moly grease they sell.

I didnt use their grease. I went to auto zone and opened many different wheel bearing grease tubes and smelled them, bought the least stinky one