Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Favorite Pets

ipscron2000

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly a pet, but I had to post this somewhere... This guy had a lunch on my yard last summer:

CRW_9128-3.jpg

CRW_9142-2.jpg

It let me approach very close, about 3-4 meters before it jumped a bit further with his/her meal. I didn't want to distract him too much though, those nails looked sharp. :ph34r:

Our kids:

Peaches the Yorkie/Jack Russell

Peaches.jpg

Togetherness... Peaches and her new 6 mo. old little brother Maverick (Toy Fox Terrier):

togetherness.jpg

Peaches and her not so little brother (he's was supposed to only be 6lbs) about a year later:

292444615_efef97aebd.jpg

• 1 month later...
Shug is a wonderful dog. She became paralyzed a few weeks ago as a result of a ruptured disk. She's my favorite...

Preparation.jpg

Six months on Shug has bounced back from the ruptured disk and paralysis with help from acupuncture treatments, glucosamine, and spending lots of time in her crate. We've scheduled an appointment with rehabilitation vet for an assessment/treatment in a few days. She has regained much of her coordination and a great deal of her muscle tone. She can even run in the grass, but has trouble on slick surfaces. Her tail has not quite recovered, however she is again able to chase and retrieve the ball.

P2110005.jpg

P4100015.jpg

Edited by Middle Man

Glad to hear Shug is doing better!

Thanks, we were a bit skeptical on the acupuncture treatments, but in Shug's case the improvements were apparent within the day after the first session. It can't be a placebo, dogs don't know what that is :). My wife is a MD and when she tells her peers about our dog's recovery she can get some funny looks.

• 2 weeks later...
Six months on, Shug has bounced back from the ruptured disk and paralysis with help from acupuncture treatments, glucosamine, and spending lots of time in her crate. We've scheduled an appointment with rehabilitation vet for an assessment/treatment in a few days. She has regained much of her coordination and a great deal of her muscle tone. She can even run in the grass, but has trouble on slick surfaces. Her tail has not quite recovered, however she is again able to chase and retrieve the ball.

Shug doing her rehab on the underwater treadmill:

Shug_rehab07.jpg

One of our cats. His name is Teddy. The pic is two or three years old. He was lean then. Now he won´t fit in that box anymore because he gained a little weight :D .

post-1559-1179087313.jpg

Edited by Peter K

post-1990-1179115127.jpg

My kids , both rescues .

The one on the left was found in a field , and was feral , a local dog trainer took him from a vet who was going to euthanize him because he was convinced that he was untrainable . Needless to say , the vet was wrong , we have had him for almost 7 years ( and 70+ pounds ).

The one on the right came from the humane society , 7 pounds of starved puppy straight from the hood . That was 10 years ago .

Travis F.

Edited by TBF