Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What benefit are you seeing with this set up over the 8 MOA slide ride? If you don't mind me asking

I very much prefer the lower profile and dot position of the smaller optics, as well as the lighter weight. I tried running the RTS2 for a while and even though I loved it, I had to go back to the CMore Slide Ride for reliability. When Scott posted about the success he was having with the Deltapoint Pro, I made the decision to go back to the smaller sight. I'm glad I did. It just feels more natural to have the dot in the lower position and I can find it much quicker after long transitions that require movement. Weak hand transitions are WAY better as I don't find myself searching for the dot anymore. I also like the smaller 2.5 MOA dot. It is plenty bright and it doesn't cover so much of the target on long steel or even head shots. It may be 100% mental, but I certainly feel more confident with it.
Awesome thanks for the info have been considering the RTS 2 and moving from the slide ride

But tough choice some seem to love the switch some not so much

Having confidence in the optic is key to making the switch worth it. For me, the Deltapoint is the only dot that fits that bill. The RTS2 would be a great choice... IF they could make it reliable. That hasn't seemed to happen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my rts2 back with the rev 4 and I think the problem with these may be fixed. I was able to set the brightness, pull the battery out completely and put it back in. Sight remembered the brightness setting with no battery in it. That should cure any issues with batteries loosing contact and sights going off. I ran 200 rds major, no problem. I am optomistic.....

The latest is V4 , they just got the boards in. Try turning on your sight on and Sliding the battery out and back in. If it comes back on at rhe same brightness you likely have the latest. If it goes off and you need to hit the buttonsto turn it on its no V4. Mine are both working fine so far.

The latest is V4 , they just got the boards in. Try turning on your sight on and Sliding the battery out and back in. If it comes back on at rhe same brightness you likely have the latest. If it goes off and you need to hit the buttonsto turn it on its no V4. Mine are both working fine so far.

I'm at V3 - however no problems thus far....

I just picked up the NIB 7.5 DP pro from garmil in the classifieds. It's gonna go on a DVC open that is on the way. I'm very eager to see how it does. Some of these good reviews have given me a lot of hope!

I just picked up the NIB 7.5 DP pro from garmil in the classifieds. It's gonna go on a DVC open that is on the way. I'm very eager to see how it does. Some of these good reviews have given me a lot of hope!

I think you are gonna find the 7.5 triangle HUGE. I looked through one and it nearly covered the entire A zone at 20 yards. Way too big for me.

I think you are gonna find the 7.5 triangle HUGE. I looked through one and it nearly covered the entire A zone at 20 yards. Way too big for me.

Hmm. Maybe that could be a good thing for me..?.. New to open and picking up the dot could be tough for a bit so I'm hoping this will be a bright eye catching option for me.

Now saying a small or big dot/triangle is bad. Everyone is different. I shoot with some who use a 12moa on one gun and 4 on another. They each have there place and your preference is most important. You are using it.

I have a mix of 6 & 8.

Edited by echotango

Here is the 7.5 at about 22 yards (give or take- I walked it off). And this is from a covered area to bright sunlight. I'm pretty happy with the intensity of the dot. It seems much brighter than the 6moa cmore slide ride I have used in my very limited time so far with an open gun. It is large, but I think I'm going to like this set up. Now I just have to wait several more months for a gun to show up... d7d6fda967f4e2d1e3b2789e098f4e16.jpg

I really like the clarity of the glass compared to some micro dots I've used(heavy blue tint RMR).

Edited by shooterDrew

hi guys

please dont shoot me down but i just cant find the info i need,i am about to buy a glock34 in 9mm possibly a gen3 or 4 now what i cant find is…can i remove the rear site and just slide in a fitting plate and then fit a deltapoint pro stright on,if so any insight and part number will be a great help.

or do i have to get the slide milled or buy a new one that glock do already

thanks mick

hi guys

please dont shoot me down but i just cant find the info i need,i am about to buy a glock34 in 9mm possibly a gen3 or 4 now what i cant find is…can i remove the rear site and just slide in a fitting plate and then fit a deltapoint pro stright on,if so any insight and part number will be a great help.

thanks mick

have you looked at the MOS model Glocks? Already milled for a red dot.

https://us.glock.com/mos/

Edited by shooterDrew

hi guys

please dont shoot me down but i just cant find the info i need,i am about to buy a glock34 in 9mm possibly a gen3 or 4 now what i cant find iscan i remove the rear site and just slide in a fitting plate and then fit a deltapoint pro stright on,if so any insight and part number will be a great help.

thanks mick

Yep that's no problem. You just need the right adapter plate that fits the glock dovetail underneath and the optic mount on top. The dp pro may even come with a suitable adapter.

hi guys

please dont shoot me down but i just cant find the info i need,i am about to buy a glock34 in 9mm possibly a gen3 or 4 now what i cant find iscan i remove the rear site and just slide in a fitting plate and then fit a deltapoint pro stright on,if so any insight and part number will be a great help.

thanks mick

Yep that's no problem. You just need the right adapter plate that fits the glock dovetail underneath and the optic mount on top. The dp pro may even come with a suitable adapter.

Glock MOS Gen 4 -> use provided Glock adapter plate 04 with the Deltapoint Pro (you won't use the leupold adapter plates)

Glock (non-MOS)-> Get the Deltapoint Pro with "all pistol mounts kit" (120057) and use the Leopold provided, glock dovetail plate

I've been sick but finally got a few hundred rounds in today. The 2.5 if much nicer than the 7.5 for me. The dot is very bright. My primary is the 8MOA RTS2 and both dots are very visible. The glass ,as noted by others, is larger on the RTS2. I'm much more confidant that the dot will be where I look with the CMore but of course the DPP,is new. I'm pretty sure anyone could get used to either equally. I hope my V4 continues to be reliable.

Edited by jnr88