Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldylocks is spot on. Yes comp shooters spend mega $ on equipment. Yes worldwide we are a significant group. Sadly that pales in comparison to le/mil markets and even carry/home defense sales.

I'd say for every dpp a comp shooter buys they sell 5 to carry/home defense or just tacticool fans. Then probably 3 more to le/mil.

With that in mind it's not surprise none of the miniature red dot sights really do want we want.

For me the perfect red dot is:

Small alloy construction

Easy/fast manual brightness adjustment (knob or very easy to press buttons)

Easy to change battery (regardless of battery life)

Common battery type (no more f@&$ 1/3N's please)

Large glass (prefer round approx 30mm)

Replaceable dot modules (with wide variety of sizes from 2 to 12 moa. maybe even triangles for weirdos!)

Zero adjustment with common tools and with definite 'clicks'. Interval locking. No extra lock screws.

Zero shift by moving the module NOT by bending the glass position.

Most importantly... Reliable either slide or frame mount.

But the very fact basically all the mini rds have stuff like night vision settings, small dots etc tells me we are not the intended primary market.

One day.... :)

I switched over to the DPP from a 90 cmore last week. I've always disliked the vision blocking associated with the 90 but hated how high the upright cmore mount was and didn't want to have to make that big of an adjustment from irons.

I would say that for anyone dealing with the same conundrum, the DPP and arrendondo mount is by far the best solution. There was very little adjustment period switching from the 90 mount. The dot is a little higher but it's not enough that it matters to your eyes and the dot just appears as it normally would.

If your on the fence about switching from a 90 mount I'd say go for it, you won't have an issue

e979ea37e7a64433f1540fabbb365b66.jpg7a75332d340b88f457d90218ad5b819b.jpg

It seems to be the lowest mounting option by far from what I could tell without actually having all the options to test.

I don't think it would clear a slide that hasn't at least been flat topped. I also had to shave a little off my cheely racker to allow it to clear the mount when removing the slide. You could always just remove the racker but I didn't want to have to do that anytime I wanted to pull the slide for whatever reason. It was interfering by probably only .050" so it was only a couple strokes with the file.

It seems to be the lowest mounting option by far from what I could tell without actually having all the options to test.

I don't think it would clear a slide that hasn't at least been flat topped. I also had to shave a little off my cheely racker to allow it to clear the mount when removing the slide. You could always just remove the racker but I didn't want to have to do that anytime I wanted to pull the slide for whatever reason. It was interfering by probably only .050" so it was only a couple strokes with the file.

any drawbacks to to the arredondo mount NOT having a blast shield? see you have it on a shorty, even.. do you get any blast/fouling/whatever on the lens? seems like the DPP are typically mounted far enough back / short enough that it's not entirely necessary.

also, the arredondo mount appears to be centered on the bore? or is the offset (if any) imperceptible in the pics?

any drawbacks to to the arredondo mount NOT having a blast shield? see you have it on a shorty, even.. do you get any blast/fouling/whatever on the lens? seems like the DPP are typically mounted far enough back / short enough that it's not entirely necessary.

also, the arredondo mount appears to be centered on the bore? or is the offset (if any) imperceptible in the pics?

Yes. My lens stays covered with oil with the arrando mount. I have another custom made mount that has a blast shield on my other gun and that does not happen. There is no perceptible offset on my Arrando.

I would like to see the lim as well, I couldn't find good pictures or where it's sold.

I've never had a blast shield so I really don't know if it helps or not. With a shorty and no holes the oil on the lens is less than what I experienced with both the regular and setback 90 cmore mount. It wipes off easily and I don't get a lot of carbon so it hasn't been too big of a deal.

I also like the way the jv mount looks and it seems to be a good design as well. The reality is you probably can't go wrong with any of them.

I would like to see the lim as well, I couldn't find good pictures or where it's sold.

I've never had a blast shield so I really don't know if it helps or not. With a shorty and no holes the oil on the lens is less than what I experienced with both the regular and setback 90 cmore mount. It wipes off easily and I don't get a lot of carbon so it hasn't been too big of a deal.

I also like the way the jv mount looks and it seems to be a good design as well. The reality is you probably can't go wrong with any of them.

The Limcat is lower, centered and has a blast shield. Best design out there. JMO.

The only issue I have with Johnny's old mount is it sit way to far forward on the gun. The dot moves like my frt sight on my limited gun. I do have Johnny's NEW mount that moves the dot back around where a rear sight would be, I may play with it on my new gun??

Edited by a matt

The Limcat is lower, centered and has a blast shield. Best design out there. JMO.

The only issue I have with Johnny's old mount is it sit way to far forward on the gun. The dot moves like my frt sight on my limited gun. I do have Johnny's NEW mount that moves the dot back around where a rear sight would be, I may play with it on my new gun??

I think these mounts are the best kept secret on the net. I can't find a pic anywhere.

Ok, I can't stand loading pic last to this site it always a PITA. Lol. But here is the Limcat setback mount, this particular mount is for the RTs-2. The mount for the DP is the same with a smaller deck for the smaller footprint of the Pro. I had to use my limited gun so you can see how it will look. Sorry that the pic is upside down but it the only pic of 5 that the site would allow me to post.

Anyone want to buy this one???

post-28329-0-99981200-1464906351_thumb.j

Edited by a matt

I just spoke with Julian from LimCat this evening. The set back mount is not a regular stocking item. They have made a few and can still make them on a special order basis, but these are not available on a regular basis. Here's a pic of the current model they are offering.

post-13578-0-42404400-1464925258_thumb.j

What benefit are you seeing with this set up over the 8 MOA slide ride? If you don't mind me asking

I very much prefer the lower profile and dot position of the smaller optics, as well as the lighter weight. I tried running the RTS2 for a while and even though I loved it, I had to go back to the CMore Slide Ride for reliability. When Scott posted about the success he was having with the Deltapoint Pro, I made the decision to go back to the smaller sight. I'm glad I did. It just feels more natural to have the dot in the lower position and I can find it much quicker after long transitions that require movement. Weak hand transitions are WAY better as I don't find myself searching for the dot anymore. I also like the smaller 2.5 MOA dot. It is plenty bright and it doesn't cover so much of the target on long steel or even head shots. It may be 100% mental, but I certainly feel more confident with it.

What benefit are you seeing with this set up over the 8 MOA slide ride? If you don't mind me asking

I very much prefer the lower profile and dot position of the smaller optics, as well as the lighter weight. I tried running the RTS2 for a while and even though I loved it, I had to go back to the CMore Slide Ride for reliability. When Scott posted about the success he was having with the Deltapoint Pro, I made the decision to go back to the smaller sight. I'm glad I did. It just feels more natural to have the dot in the lower position and I can find it much quicker after long transitions that require movement. Weak hand transitions are WAY better as I don't find myself searching for the dot anymore. I also like the smaller 2.5 MOA dot. It is plenty bright and it doesn't cover so much of the target on long steel or even head shots. It may be 100% mental, but I certainly feel more confident with it.
Awesome thanks for the info have been considering the RTS 2 and moving from the slide ride

But tough choice some seem to love the switch some not so much