Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

Like you Scott, I just let the DP-P run all day at the matches, turn it on in the safe area and turn it off at the last ULASC command. Good stuff. The only thing I wonder about or don't like/care for, is just how adjustable the dot is, to go from low to the brightest setting I push and look and push and look. Lol. Of course if it wasn't this adjustable I probably would wish it was. Lol. It's still a keeper.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, I talked to Jessie when I got my original delta point cause she has been running it for years and she said she didn't run the thin pad. Just info. I didn't run it in mine for the first 3 months shooting open after that I went to the Cmore, now I'm back with the Pro.

The Arredondo mount is lower than the Cheely and also moves the optic towards the back of the gun. I think the Arredondo is low enough to have trouble mounting on some guns while the Cheely mount is high enough to tolerate uncut slides.

I paid $20 to Cheely to have one of his mounts custom drilled to lower 0.050"

Are these new mount for sale yet?

New mounts.

junkyard%20dawgs_zpstlazqv04.jpg

They aren't and they never will be so far as I know. These were custom made for the Akai guys. They started as 80% Phoenix Trinity mounts that one of our guys finished for the Delta Point Pros You might contact PT and see if they would make some more

• 2 weeks later...

The true test of durability would be with the sight mounted on the slide itself. Anybody out there have one of these slide-mounted and have it fail?

We've milled a ton of slides for DP Pros and as far as I know, they're holding up perfectly fine.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, tyler2you said:

There is a new mount available for the DP Pro:

http://www.evergladesammo.com/shooting-accessories/1911-2011-parts/ega-deltapoint-pro-scope-mount.html

I've got one on the way for a new build.  Not anodized, but the price is right.

according to their site the mounting for 7.5 and 2.5 moa versions is different.  anyone had both and can confirm this? leupold only sells one picatinny mount and one set of handgun adapters for both models,  doesnt make sense.

21 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

The Deltapoint 7.5 and 2.5 moa both share the same mounting plate. There were two of us using a Q5 Match at the Nationals he was using a 7.5 moa, and I'm using a 2.5 moa using the same supplied mounting plate for a DP-Pro.

thats what i figured. not sure what everglades is talking about.

19 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

The Deltapoint 7.5 and 2.5 moa both share the same mounting plate. There were two of us using a Q5 Match at the Nationals he was using a 7.5 moa, and I'm using a 2.5 moa using the same supplied mounting plate for a DP-Pro.

Not only the same plate, but AFAIK identical to the plates supplied with the Original / Gen 1 DeltaPoints kits (as Garmil said)

(FYI Cheely makes different STI mount for DP gen 1 vs DP Pro (gen 2), I can check what the difference is in a few days if you like)

Edited by trgt

Yeah I was wondering about this too. Thinking about going dp pro but still undecided on type. I like my 8moa cmores and struggle to think I'd be happy with the 2.5. I'd hate to have to change mounts as well if I switched types. Otherwise that ECG mount looks great value.  

anyone got dpp + rts2 +romeo3? would be nice to se them side by side, for comparison, maybe even the new sig romeo 1 that should be out shortly.

I know LE and home defense is huge, but.. please, cant someone make soething similar to the old slideride, beeing 29mm all round, imagine the deldapoint in 30x30 configuration. 

I have all 3 ddp, rts2, and romeo 3.  The RTS2 and Romeo 3 are basically the same optic.  In my opinion the DDP is far better than slideride, RTS2 and Romeo 3.  The distortion free glass and zero adjustment are night and day better on the DPP.

20160524_121847.jpg

20160825_093433.jpg

1 minute ago, BigBets said:

I 4 of the DPP. One on an open shotgun, one on an open rifle, and two on pistols. Delta point on the shotty and dots on the rest. All flawless, hold zero, and take a huge beating from me!!

Your wife must like you a lot, to let you have all that tied up in optics!