Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Arredondo mount is drilled and tapped for American threading, not the metric threading that the mounting screws for the Deltapoint Pro comes with. You would either have to get someone to thread and tap the mount for the metric size (not difficult) or use the extra American thread mounting screws that the Arredondo mount comes with, which should work fine. In either case, you will have to use one of the extra black plates that Ralph sends with the mount to allow more sights to be use - one is for the Doctor and the other is for C-More STS and RTS2. The STS and RTS2 plate is the one to use and it just sits on top of the mount with indexing holes to fit over the indexing posts the bare mount has.

Just to be clear that will mount a DPP with no modifications? Sorry for the knob question. Much appreciated.

I haven't done it but if you look at the link the first few lines say:

"Fits: Leupold Delta Point Pro without modification or adapter. "

I've certaibly seen that mount used with the dp pro without using any of the adapter plates.

Edited by BeerBaron

Well, I have to admit that I was wrong about the adapter plate. That's what I get for not looking at my sights closely enough. The locator holes on the bottom of the Pro are in the same location as the ones on the original Deltapoint, however, they are bigger in diameter. I just held them up side by side for comparison. The locator pins on the Arredondo mount are sized and located for the original Deltapoint, which means the larger locator holes on the Pro would easily go over those smaller locator pins for the original Deltapoint.

You will have to be careful in aligning the Pro and actually tightening the mounting screws because of the smaller locator pins on the mount and the larger locator holes on the Pro which may allow a little movement when the mounting screws are not tightened down. I just tried it to confirm that.

What I said about the size of the mounting screws is still correct. The included Arredondo mounting screws for his mount are 5-40x1/2, which should work fine. If you are like me and want to use the metric mounting screws that come with the Pro, then you will have to drill and tap the mount for the metric size which is listed as M4x.7x15.8mm (Torx head screws) by Leupold in the Pro instructions.

Well, I have to admit that I was wrong about the adapter plate. That's what I get for not looking at my sights closely enough. The locator holes on the bottom of the Pro are in the same location as the ones on the original Deltapoint, however, they are bigger in diameter. I just held them up side by side for comparison. The locator pins on the Arredondo mount are sized and located for the original Deltapoint, which means the larger locator holes on the Pro would easily go over those smaller locator pins for the original Deltapoint.

You will have to be careful in aligning the Pro and actually tightening the mounting screws because of the smaller locator pins on the mount and the larger locator holes on the Pro which may allow a little movement when the mounting screws are not tightened down. I just tried it to confirm that.

What I said about the size of the mounting screws is still correct. The included Arredondo mounting screws for his mount are 5-40x1/2, which should work fine. If you are like me and want to use the metric mounting screws that come with the Pro, then you will have to drill and tap the mount for the metric size which is listed as M4x.7x15.8mm (Torx head screws) by Leupold in the Pro instructions.

You are 100% correct. This is the exact setup I am running on the gun in the pics in this thread.

Liking mine quite a bit so far. The tip of the triangle works great for making a tight precise shot at distance. Up close the bottom of the triangle compensates for the POA/POI difference from height over bore if you have to do something like hit the upper A zone at 7-10 yards. Everything else is just red on target and get to blasting.

I bit the bullet a few weeks back and added the Deltapoint Pro. I am really liking it so far. The dot is plenty bright and very easy to pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Scott, is that Arredondo mount offset??? I don't think it was from when i had it on my gun. Or if anyone happens to know? Thanks.

Edited by a matt

Have my new 2.5 DPP mounted on yet another Limcat Mount. The sight is centered I couldn't be happier with the mount. I'll try to get some side by side testing in tomorrow against my primary with an 8 MOA RTS2. Updates to follow.

Have my new 2.5 DPP mounted on yet another Limcat Mount. The sight is centered I couldn't be happier with the mount. I'll try to get some side by side testing in tomorrow against my primary with an 8 MOA RTS2. Updates to follow.

link to this Limcat mount? i have not been able to locate it online to see it. thanks.