Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loud Bikes

lcs

I get that many people like them or are fine with them. Neither applies to me though.

I felt the same way until I saw the big loud Harley at a stop light and the guy riding was wearing ear plugs. Kind of ruins the image of the bad biker.

I get that many people like them or are fine with them. Neither applies to me though.

I still remember the day some years back when I was riding my Kaw in the right lane of the expressway and a Harley with straight pipes passed me on the left sending sound level into my left ear above threshold of pain. The constant tinnitus I now enjoy is loudest on that side.......

The ear plugs are for the wind. The pipes are behind you, not so loud when just cruising around, but the wind at 65+? Yeah, that's an interesting noise. Like em or not, they've saved my behind on multiple occasions. A quick blip on the throttle and I'm not smeared across the pavement cuz some jack wagon didn't bother checking the blind spot.

Edited by nahanshew89

The ear plugs are for the wind. The pipes are behind you, not so loud when just cruising around, but the wind at 65+? Yeah, that's an interesting noise. Like em or not, they've saved my behind on multiple occasions. A quick blip on the throttle and I'm not smeared across the pavement cuz some jack wagon didn't bother checking the blind spot.

"The pipes are behind you" what about the humans behind you?

The "quick blip" would mean pull in the clutch so you can rev the engine. Uh, there is a device, button on the handle. Called a horn. Only fact there is is that load pipes inflict pain on other human beings. You simply cannot argue that.

Another fan of "Loud Pipes Save Lives". It is about the tone though, not the decibel. I prefer the sound of the low thump of the twin any day over the mosquito sound of the Sport Bike. I would think that is what the original poster to the other thread was talking about... Other wise it is just UN- American! :devil:

The thread has turned into a discussion....soon to be closed.

Actually several threads have been closed in the past because they were linked to a closed thread. lol

But what I like threads can discuss all day long

Ride an '08 ducati monster s2r1K with a twin and a dry clutch. With an open cover on the clutch it is significantly louder than the Leo Vince full exhaust. I love the looks I get from Harley riders..."is that thing broken?!?...what the hell is that spinning thing?!?". I usually go for the "just my Flux capacitor :)

While I do love the sound of an uncorked Harley--I am also mindful of my neighbors and others. I do think some folks take the loudness to an extreme. They just run full throttle no matter where they are.

"The pipes are behind you" what about the humans behind you?

The "quick blip" would mean pull in the clutch so you can rev the engine. Uh, there is a device, button on the handle. Called a horn. Only fact there is is that load pipes inflict pain on other human beings. You simply cannot argue that.

Pfft, have you seem the size of a horn on a motorcycle? They're not big enough to be heard over the sound of the radio in your car while your window is up and you're listening to the latest Dr Phil audiobook. Sorry dude, but if my bike is causing you discomfort, then you know I'm there, and the only reason you're gonna hit me is because you're having a road rage hissy fit. Other than that, your feelings mean nothing to me.

Keep this polite. This may be a" What I Like" Forum thread, but ALL threads can be closed if the attitudes come out.

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

Keep this polite. This may be a" What I Like" Forum thread, but ALL threads can be closed if the attitudes come out.

Attitude

He says to bikers :roflol:

Attitude

He says to bikers :roflol:

Then close it lol then he can't talk more smack about loud pipes and I won't be tempted to rebut like a wise donkey. I wish I lived in Gainesville tho, I'd ride around in 3rd gear all day :)

My riding Brothers are polite. Show respect in life, riding, shooting and on Brian's Forums.post-22108-0-89468900-1457397501_thumb.j