Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The short announcement - What happened to her?

acpie360

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Usually when there is an amicable departure of an employee you see some nice flowery statements about how they have decided to seek other opportunities and challeneges and their contributions have been many and appreciated ..... Blah, blah, blah ...

That statement is about as close to 'you're fired' as you'll ever see from an executive without them actually saying so ....

Edited by Nimitz

And that attitude is why USPSA flounders occasionally. It most definitely is the members business how the employees affect the organization.

Not even close. Some members are very active vocally. That's all we get, a word to the BoD and maybe to the President. Show me in the bylaws where you as a member get a say about the ED or anything at the HQ level. This is not a buy in type of organization. Members have no privileges.

What was the issue/backstory with this person?

I've never heard of her before, maybe I just don't pay enough attention, but it seems many people are happy to see the change in the ranks, why?

And that attitude is why USPSA flounders occasionally. It most definitely is the members business how the employees affect the organization.

Not even close. Some members are very active vocally. That's all we get, a word to the BoD and maybe to the President. Show me in the bylaws where you as a member get a say about the ED or anything at the HQ level. This is not a buy in type of organization. Members have no privileges.

Not being able to vote on each issue doesn't mean you don't have a say, or that the function of HQ is not our business. Since HQ affects each of us, it is very much our business, just like what the president of the US does is our business (for american forum members).

What was the issue/backstory with this person?

I've never heard of her before, maybe I just don't pay enough attention, but it seems many people are happy to see the change in the ranks, why?

And this is an example of how uninformed the general membership is. She was the executive director of USPSA!

Hah!

Yepp, I just shoot matches and pay dues. Then again I've only done this a year and a half, so excuse the ignorance.

Didn't get an answer to the first part of my post though: What were the main causes of friction with her??