Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 155mm "The Little Big Stick"

Foxbat

I like the idea, but on the other hand, couldn't you just do maybe a tenth of your dry fire reloads to a big stick and get the feel for it?

Don't some people do this with the old SV tubes and long basepads or something, make a 150 ish mm magazine?

If I was just starting out with open I would consider getting the 155s instead of 140s if they really do make the reload just as easy.

But since I already have 140s I don't really see myself buying the 155s to take their place.

Hello: SVI made some a while back that are 165mm that you use a 11mm base pad or the old Dawson's. A newer option for SVI mags is to use 140mm ones with Dawson Para base pads for open. There are lots of options if you want to experiment with different base pads and mag tubes. I am not sure if I would buy a 155mm tube when I can get a 124mm with a base pad that will give me 24 rounds of 9mm. Thanks, Eric

I see 126 mags being more beneficial for an open shooter than a 155. Sometimes you need a flush mag when you have to place your gun in a weird prop.

My 140MM's are flush with my mag well ... a 126MM wont lock in to the mag catch due to crashing the magwell.. I prefer to reload 170 MM

I could see a few times coming out of a box or briefcase type start

where the big stick kinda gets in the way. Would depend on round count

and if you could skip a reload. Probably not a big deal, but might be nice

to have as an option.

I have ran quite a few 30 round stages with 30 rounds in my gun, and usually got away with it, but I don't consider it best approach. If something goes wrong with one of the rounds, you may be forced to do a standing reload - huge waste of time.

Usually there is a convenient place to reload with no loss of time, in pretty much any stage, so doing so would be better practice.

I see 126 mags being more beneficial for an open shooter than a 155. Sometimes you need a flush mag when you have to place your gun in a weird prop.

My 140MM's are flush with my mag well ... a 126MM wont lock in to the mag catch due to crashing the magwell.. I prefer to reload 170 MM

What magwell are you using? Ive never seen a 140 sit flush, ever.

What kind of magwells do you people have that 140's are close or flush with the bottom? That is crazy to me. They stick a long ways out of my Dawson, and it isn't exactly small...

Ok it is not that they are actually flush it is that there is not much room between base pads and magwell and sometimes I feel like my fingers get jammed. The 170 and probably the 155 will give you a little more room.

What magwell are you using? Ive never seen a 140 sit flush, ever.

Mag wells are SHPD / DAA.. same as on the Limited gun in my profile pic.

I have 4 of the 170 mags.... after trying one I just ordered one of MBX 171mm... good looking mags... I like the idea of 30 rounds for some stages..

MBX has 2 different 170's?

A 170 and a171?

My understanding is the 170 is designed to fit the 171.25mm USPSA gauge.

I just bought one a while ago and I dig on it. Holds 29. 30 won't go in the gun.