Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

The OP said the sp01 and the tactical sport but the CGW site says sp01 and 75b in 40. Am I missing something here? I have a 40 TS that I would love to put this thing in.

Same here, I just searched the whole site looking for the TS version.

they only have the sp-01 released.

they just got a batch of TS bushings in, and they want to make sure they're all good before putting up on the site.

there was some issue with the sp bushings, and they had to be worked or sent back out or something; so they just want to make sure everything is how they want it before releasing.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see any difference in these and the Accu bushing as for being legal in production. the damn AB aren't installed at the factory and are legal.

Difference being that the AccuShadow had a SKU with CZ-USA for a while, did it not?

In spirit, I feel they should allow it to be legal in production if the Accubushing is, because in reality it's the difference between one gunsmith installing an aftermarket bushing, vs. another, as the Accu bushing is not a CZUB part, if you want to be technical. To the letter, I'll bet they're illegal.

Don't see any difference in these and the Accu bushing as for being legal in production. the damn AB aren't installed at the factory and are legal.

Difference being that the AccuShadow had a SKU with CZ-USA for a while, did it not?

In spirit, I feel they should allow it to be legal in production if the Accubushing is, because in reality it's the difference between one gunsmith installing an aftermarket bushing, vs. another, as the Accu bushing is not a CZUB part, if you want to be technical. To the letter, I'll bet they're illegal.

Kind of.

They were able to sell over 2000 units, which makes any gun a production legal unit. So by uspsa rules, you can remove stock bushing and replace with another factory bushing (accu) and be legal.

When I removed my bushing (for a completely unrelated project to this post), I used a hex bolt socket that was large enough to not go through the bushing, but large enough to fit down the slide, a punch down the middle of the socket, and hammered it out.

Took a bit of hammering, but it came out just fine.

It's NOT that they allow aftermarket guide rods and firing pins because they're internal parts that are visible externally. Aftermarket guide rods and firing pins and for that matter sights are allowed because the USPSA rulebook specifically allows them. Period.

The ACCU-bushing is allowed because the Accu-Shadow is on the NROI List of Approved Production Guns. It's that simple.

There's no argument to be made the 10X Bushing is production legal. It's not. It's an external modification. Installation of aftermarket barrel bushings are NOT specifically allowed. Therefore, it's not production legal.

Edited by IDescribe

The bushing isn't legal, but an argument could be made that the bushing is more like these parts:

"Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts."

Rather than these parts, which are all manipulated by thumbs/fingers.

"Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers. "

Maybe something to ask for clarification for the next rule book?

Edited by Quack

Spoiler Alert

The clarification is going to look something like this:

21.6 Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below.

All you needed was to copy two sentences instead of just one. ;)

If it is a part, you can buy it. So, what is the SKU on a CZ bushing?

CZ parts diagrams don't list this as a separate piece, it is included in the slide. D4 21.3 You are allowed an aftermarket slide of the same length and contour.

A modified factory slide is an aftermarket slide in my book.

My read of this is if the length and contour is the same, it is legal for prod.

If it is a part, you can buy it. So, what is the SKU on a CZ bushing?

CZ parts diagrams don't list this as a separate piece, it is included in the slide. D4 21.3 You are allowed an aftermarket slide of the same length and contour.

A modified factory slide is an aftermarket slide in my book.

My read of this is if the length and contour is the same, it is legal for prod.

This has been gone over before, the machining for the accu bushing is what makes the slide no longer legal for production if it is not originally purchased that way. The only machining allowed is to install sights. This is why you can not send a shadow slide in and have a bushing added. Edited by bthoefer

I would be interested in hearing from the NROI on this. Something similar to this came up regarding aftermarket/extended mag releases on M&Ps. They ruled aftermarket releases to be legal as long as they kept the same profile and that the only difference was the length.