Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My TS .40 bushing is not cooperating. I've tried freezing the slide. I've tried the socket technique. It is not budging. How hard did you have top hammer the socket?

Did you get your stock bushing removed?

I was able to remove mine, shot of pb blaster 7/16 1/4" socket and 3/8" 6" extension. Had to use a 2x4 on the concrete floor and a 20oz hammer, and I had to use more force than you would have thought.

The bushing is in after freezing it and a good blow from a hard rubber hammer. The barrel doesn't fit in the bushing, to tight. I am going to remove a little material around the bushing and polish the barrel. This is for my ts40, had no issues with the sp01s.

Swapped two out. Both factory bushings required quite a bit of effort to remove.

Tried the slide hammer method and the bushings didn't even flinch. Ended up using the 7/16" socket like most suggested. After a lot of cursing and pounding, they eventually came out.

Even with a good bit of pounding on the 10x bushings, the notch didn't quite line up with the channel. They stopped a tiny bit short. I was able to get a roll pin in one but had to fab a solid pin on the other.

Looking forward to seeing what the outcome is.

Swapped two out. Both factory bushings required quite a bit of effort to remove.

Tried the slide hammer method and the bushings didn't even flinch. Ended up using the 7/16" socket like most suggested. After a lot of cursing and pounding, they eventually came out.

Even with a good bit of pounding on the 10x bushings, the notch didn't quite line up with the channel. They stopped a tiny bit short. I was able to get a roll pin in one but had to fab a solid pin on the other.

My sight pin notch also stopped short, I used the CZC front sight drill bit to make magic happen.

My sight pin notch also stopped short, I used the CZC front sight drill bit to make magic happen.

I was going to drill it out but didn't have a small enough bit.

Well, got the bushing replaced on my SP-01 Tactical and CZC Shadow. the Factory came out with 4-5 taps with 7/16 1/4 socket wrapped with masking tape.

The 10X bushings went in without an issue except i had to drill both to get the pin in. They both had the same offset of the slot on both bushings. will see how they shot this weekend at our Falling steel match.

BGC

I had ordered two awhile back. Installed one in my Steel Challenge gun, like others above, the slot didn't line up quite perfectly with the slide, but it was close enough for me to get the pin through. I'd imagine on some guns it will line up, and on others it might go in too far?

Have not shot yet, but it is a lot tighter and the barrel more stable in the locked up position. Looking forward to testing it. Hopefully the shots stay centered. Not sure if rotating the bushing will affect anything or not? Making sure it went in level was tough.

My TS with 40S&W & 9mm barrels were both more accurate with the new bushing that was an easy install, lined up perfectly.

My Shadow Target II was also more accurate, it's fairly new and getting right loads sorted out for it - groups definitely tightened up.

Follow Up to my last post. Went the the range and my CZC Shadow ran flawlessly with the new 10X bushing. But my SP-01 tactical Tuned by CZC had issues with Factory ammo with failure to go into battery. So i guess the angle change enough to cause issues with the load ramp and breach tolerances. These were polished previously.

Any thoughts. Put the CZC Shadow barrel in the Tactical and it loaded without a hitch, so it has to be the barrel.

Regards

bgc

Well, got the bushing replaced on my SP-01 Tactical and CZC Shadow. the Factory came out with 4-5 taps with 7/16 1/4 socket wrapped with masking tape.

The 10X bushings went in without an issue except i had to drill both to get the pin in. They both had the same offset of the slot on both bushings. will see how they shot this weekend at our Falling steel match.

BGC

Question,

Does anyone actually notice a difference in/during a USPSA/IPSC or IDPA type match? Are we literally trying to split hairs with the busing?

Can anyone relate it to match points gained or just group size from a static position with no match pressure/stress?

Thank you

I noticed a pretty big improvement, as in the neighborhood of 50%

But, I also changed bullets at the same time (.355 to .356") so this could also make a difference.

As for differences at a match? NO way you can quantify the difference, but I have been shooting a lot more A's

Follow Up to my last post. Went the the range and my CZC Shadow ran flawlessly with the new 10X bushing. But my SP-01 tactical Tuned by CZC had issues with Factory ammo with failure to go into battery. So i guess the angle change enough to cause issues with the load ramp and breach tolerances. These were polished previously.

Any thoughts. Put the CZC Shadow barrel in the Tactical and it loaded without a hitch, so it has to be the barrel.

Regards

bgc

BGC

Call David Milam at CGW and I bet he can get you straight in just a few minutes.

Did a quick test tonight, 35m 2 inch group off the bench. This was out of my old gun with about 80,000 rounds through it. It previously shot about 4 inches at that distance. I don't know how much was the bushing or me simply shooting better. But I think it helped, a lot.