Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

Was considering an eventual switch to a tanfo in a shooting season or two.

If this tanfo, *cough* cz has the same feel that the tanfo does in the hand, I'll probably go for it instead.

Grip checkering, front serrations moved a tiny bit forward. Fixes 2/3 ergo gripes I have with the CZ.

The only part I'm unsure about is the safety. For me, a tanfo stock 3 and its extended safety put my thumb a bit higher than the cz, but can't tell that from pictures.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like extended safety to me in the photos. Which would be unusual for a production gun.

Tanfoglio Limited Pro:

eaa_limited_pro_top.jpg

Keeping up with the Joneses!

I love big safeties too! But, I hope they do a better job than Tanfoglio did when making sure the gun fits in the production box with oversized safety paddles.

The only part I'm unsure about is the safety. For me, a tanfo stock 3 and its extended safety put my thumb a bit higher than the cz, but can't tell that from pictures.

Yeah, stock safety on the current Shadow is a nightmare—super easy to activate accidentally when establishing a high grip, particularly when shooting one handed. I fit thin safeties on mine after this happened a few times. Downside to them is less control when shooting one handed. The Tanfo safety seems much better in this regard.

A handgun may be approved and added to the USPSA Approved Production Handgun List after the NROI Manufacturer’s Declaration form stating that a minimum of 2000 complete handguns have been manufactured and available to the general public has been submitted and NROI has inspected the handgun for compliance

common practice has been that variants of approved versions can be added to the list. The has happened on some models/variants before they have been seen on the market.

Another infamous example of getting a gun on the list had the manufacturer declare that 2000 had been build and sold to a law enforcement agency. The only one seen was in the hands of their factory shooter.

Like the trigger guard. Drilled and tapped mag release is pretty out there for a prod gun.

Wish they'd fix some old design issues like how the grip panels are retained by just 1 screw.

Love the proper checkering and new serrations too. The goofy mismatched front and rear serrations never did excite me.

Hard to tell but it looks like it may be a tad longer too. Ie aus spec barrels may now be the norm. Nice to have a few mm extra barrel and extra sight radius. It's not a big difference but every bit helps. :)

Thank god I'm not the only person who thinks retaining the grip panels with a single screw is dumb. It lets the grips rock even with the best fitted grips.

Yeah, stock safety on the current Shadow is a nightmaresuper easy to activate accidentally when establishing a high grip, particularly when shooting one handed. I fit thin safeties on mine after this happened a few times. Downside to them is less control when shooting one handed. The Tanfo safety seems much better in this regard.

The SP-01 safety is a good compromise. It's smaller and the shelf is higher up than the standard shadow safety. Then of course there are the rami safeties you have. I've debated trying the ramis out, but I like the sp-01 safety for an index point for my thumb during the draw. Edited by bthoefer

Yeah, stock safety on the current Shadow is a nightmaresuper easy to activate accidentally when establishing a high grip, particularly when shooting one handed. I fit thin safeties on mine after this happened a few times. Downside to them is less control when shooting one handed. The Tanfo safety seems much better in this regard.

The SP-01 safety is a good compromise. It's smaller and the shelf is higher up than the standard shadow safety. Then of course there are the rami safeties you have. I've debated trying the ramis out, but I like the sp-01 safety for an index point for my thumb during the draw.

It didn't work for me personally. Got in the way of my support hand using a high grip. Thin safeties and an extra power detent spring work great though.

Is it just me or does the slide on the Shadow 2 look a little leaner and meaner?

Hard to tell, but the serrations look larger, and from some angles it appears the slide might taper more inwards at the top....both could shave a bit of weight. On the flip side, the dust cover only has one cutout for an attachment, so it should be a tad heavier.

Is it just me or does the slide on the Shadow 2 look a little leaner and meaner?

Hard to tell, but the serrations look larger, and from some angles it appears the slide might taper more inwards at the top....both could shave a bit of weight. On the flip side, the dust cover only has one cutout for an attachment, so it should be a tad heavier.

Don't forget about the checkering and more aggressive frame under cuts. That might make it a little lighter.

Don't forget about the checkering and more aggressive frame under cuts. That might make it a little lighter.

Speaking of which, what is the purpose of the apparent undercut between the rail and the trigger guard? Is it for the support hand?

Like the trigger guard. Drilled and tapped mag release is pretty out there for a prod gun.

Wish they'd fix some old design issues like how the grip panels are retained by just 1 screw.

Love the proper checkering and new serrations too. The goofy mismatched front and rear serrations never did excite me.

Hard to tell but it looks like it may be a tad longer too. Ie aus spec barrels may now be the norm. Nice to have a few mm extra barrel and extra sight radius. It's not a big difference but every bit helps. :)

Thank god I'm not the only person who thinks retaining the grip panels with a single screw is dumb. It lets the grips rock even with the best fitted grips.

yeah my SSI scales are so nicely fitted you almost have to tap them in with a rubber mallet but with only one screw even they can rock a little with pressure on different spots. it's such a dumb flaw that would be so easy to fix.

apart from that shadow2 looks pretty awesome. it's certainly a bonafide stock II competitor. with the old limited supply issues gone these days in the US a stock II is about the same money as a shadow (assuming you could find a plain non-customised shadow). but in most other markets the stock II is the more expensive gun by a decent margin. I have a feeling the new shadow2 will be priced similar to the outgoing model so it should make some tanfog shooters think twice. The big deal the tanfog had over the shadow is the better frame (checkering, square trigger guard etc) and generally better ergos. It seems most of the updates on shadow2 address those issues. so now you basically will be getting a tanfoglo like frame ergo but with the renowned CZ trigger. It should sell very well.