Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC ACCU Carry Optic

eerw

post-627-0-44652700-1454115755_thumb.jpg

Seriously...

Raising the weight limit really opens the door.

CZC ACCU with the high cut frame and the RTS 2. 43 ounces.

This has the multi optic cut we offer on slides.

will allow the C-More, Vortex, Leupold, Burris and few others to mount.

We can do that. I would recommend emailing, message or call.

The uppers are kind of scarce, so would rather do as requested. Maybe do as a group. So we can cut at same time. Let me know your guys thoughts.

The uppers are kind of scarce, so would rather do as requested. Maybe do as a group. So we can cut at same time. Let me know your guys thoughts.

How does the law work regarding the SN on the upper? Is the frame considered the serialized portion?

How does the law work regarding the SN on the upper? Is the frame considered the serialized portion?

At least in the US, yes, the frame is legally "the firearm", and the upper is just a bunch of parts.

I can't actually think of any US manufacturers offhand that serialize the slides and/or barrels on their pistols, except in certain cases of hand-fitted custom shop fare.

ETA - Just remembered that there is one common exception - the Ruger 'Mark' series of rimfire pistols, in which the upper is the serialized "firearm", and the lower is just parts. (Also, like a FAL, which are both opposite of things like an AR, 1911, or CZ.)

Edited by Walküre

At least in the US, yes, the frame is legally "the firearm", and the upper is just a bunch of parts.

I can't actually think of any US manufacturers offhand that serialize the slides and/or barrels on their pistols, except in certain cases of hand-fitted custom shop fare.

ETA - Just remembered that there is one common exception - the Ruger 'Mark' series of rimfire pistols, in which the upper is the serialized "firearm", and the lower is just parts. (Also, like a FAL, which are both opposite of things like an AR, 1911, or CZ.)

For the record, Glock serializes slide, barrel, and frame. It is done that way because some European countries consider the slide the gun legally, or so I'm told. In the US the frame is the gun legally on most handguns, with the exception of the ruger mentioned above. Edited by bthoefer

Now I have something else I'll be saving up for, a CZC Carry Optics Accu-Shadow. One question at the moment, it looks like the rear iron sight has been removed as part of the process, so no way to shoot it accurately without the red dot sight? Just checking as would like to be able to shoot it if possible while saving up for an optic.

Edit for clarity

Edited by JoshuaHaderach

New rules

-Expanded stippling, contouring and texturing of the grip frame to include undercut trigger guard and grip reduction
-Expanded slide profiles to include serrations and cosmetic cuts not completely through the slide

Now we need to see some extra slide lightening and/or better serrations and some new grip improvements.

attachicon.gifACCU Carry Optic_SDW3111logo.jpg

Seriously...

All I see is a ruined production gun.... *weeps*

Seriously...

Then you, sir, must never have experienced how fun shooting a pistol with a red dot is.

Seriously...

Then you, sir, must never have experienced how fun shooting a pistol with a red dot is.

EXACTLY

Seriously...

I've shot an open gun. Frame mounted optic is cool.

Here is what you guys at CZC really need to make. A steel insert that can be mounted in place of the optic with a dovetail in it to allow re-installation of a rear sight. This could allow the same gun to be used in CO or Production! As long as the NROI is ok with it...

Here is what you guys at CZC really need to make. A steel insert that can be mounted in place of the optic with a dovetail in it to allow re-installation of a rear sight. This could allow the same gun to be used in CO or Production! As long as the NROI is ok with it...

Oh yes that would be good, either that or have two slides to switch back and forth

I'm pretty sure that would be legal, as I seem to remember someone asking about a Zev slide that had the optic cut filler with rear sight and it got the all clear (I might be remembering incorrectly, but that's what I remember).