Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next Provisional Division

d_striker

Well, as everyone knows the equipment to get into even production is still so expensive, so I propose this new Economic Division.

Production Single: Same guns as production, but you are only required/allowed one mag. (to save on equipment costs!) That one mag must be tactically reloaded through out the stage! Oh, holsters and mag pouches are too expensive too, so all stages will have a special table start position, and the mag will always be started in the gun or on the table.

You don't need a holster. New rules for rifles at pistol matches will have you covered. You just need to carry with the muzzle held vertically.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop Limited, Open and Production for 2 years.

Everyone shoots CO and Revolver . We need more guns not more people and divisions.

Also, no guns under 40 oz.

Edited by p7fl

Lot's of people with anger issues over a new division.

I'm not angry. I'm being totally serious. Let's create divisions to appease everyone.

If I can only get one division, I'll take Production 15. I know it will help grow the sport. All of my buddies that already are USPSA members and shoot Production will definitely shoot Production 15.

Edited by d_striker

I've never understood the mind set that thinks too many classes hurts the sport. Yes, some classes will not have the participation of the more popular classes, but it certainly doesn't seem to hurt the NHRA. They have over 200 classes within 15 different categories.

You are right but it is nothing more than a bracket race until you race someone in the same class. I don't think we are going to start putting dial in times on our shirts.

I'm not angry. I'm being totally serious. Let's create divisions to appease everyone.

If I can only get one division, I'll take Production 15. I know it will help grow the sport. All of my buddies that already are USPSA members and shoot Production will definitely shoot Production 15.

I would shoot absolutely shoot it!

Saying that anything will increase participation has become the infallible justification for any and all changes?

" production 17 will increase participation" BOOM you are an isolationist ass if you disagree with the division. Besides it dosnt hurt you for me to have a division I want does it?

if anything goes in the name of growing the sport....

NO divisions, no rules other than safety related, shoot any rifle, pistol, or rim fire you want. You guys said it, grow or die. Existing customers don't matter.

I would like to see any info on Carry Optics adding any level of additinal participation at all. Hell I would like to see the data used by the BOD on even moving it forward as a division.

I know at the matches I shoot (6-8 every month) I might see 1 shooter in CO. That is not busting at the seams demand for a new division.

I'm thinking what the next few provisional divisions will be. A lot of people like to argue, "what harm does a new provisional division do" so I say let's keep adding them. Why stop at two new divisions when we can have 6 more?

Here are the provisional divisions I would like to see:

-BUG division. 6 rounds max minor scoring.

-Limited Minor 15

-Production 15

-Limited Minor with Optics. 140mm mag

-Lever action carbine

-Tactical (lights, lasers, etc)

-.22 pistol division. Introduce Ultra Minor PF

-.22 Rifle division

What about pocket rocket. The BUG major division.. There are dozens of tactical timmies that would benefit from it.

I would like to see any info on Carry Optics adding any level of additinal participation at all. Hell I would like to see the data used by the BOD on even moving it forward as a division.

I know at the matches I shoot (6-8 every month) I might see 1 shooter in CO. That is not busting at the seams demand for a new division.

It is the same thing around our area as well. We have actually had more shooters incorrectly scored in CO than actually shooting it since they bought ported dot Tupperware.

And the big question on this is were they already a USPSA member before trying out CO.

Saying that anything will increase participation has become the infallible justification for any and all changes?

" production 17 will increase participation" BOOM you are an isolationist ass if you disagree with the division. Besides it dosnt hurt you for me to have a division I want does it?

if anything goes in the name of growing the sport....

NO divisions, no rules other than safety related, shoot any rifle, pistol, or rim fire you want. You guys said it, grow or die. Existing customers don't matter.

Nailed it.

I would shoot absolutely shoot it!

Me too!!! We already have more people interested in it that CO. I say we make enough noise to make it a provisional division. It seems like that's all you have to do.

According to Phil, it wasn't about the shooters who wanted Production Optics, it was about giving the plastic gun manufacturers a place where their guns were competitive.

According to Phil, it wasn't about the shooters who wanted Production Optics, it was about giving the plastic gun manufacturers a place where their guns were competitive.

So then, is the pending PCC division not about shooters who want it, rather, all about rifle manufacturers?