Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for IDPA

Novie

It depends on how you want to approach the sport. I could run a match with my Milt Sparks VMII, but it would slow me down. Since I'm in it to win it, I run Bladetech OWB kydex holsters in all divisions. Bladetech and Comp-tac kydex are probably what most guys run. If you just want to run carry gear and aren't as concerned with competition, then I would look at a quality IWB leather holster.

It depends on how you want to approach the sport. I could run a match with my Milt Sparks VMII, but it would slow me down. Since I'm in it to win it, I run Bladetech OWB kydex holsters in all divisions. Bladetech and Comp-tac kydex are probably what most guys run. If you just want to run carry gear and aren't as concerned with competition, then I would look at a quality IWB leather holster.

This!

Bladetech and CompTac are both solid choices. I use Bladetech for my competition holsters.

What they said except I have no use for all leather holsters. For IWB types I strongly prefer the type with a leather/neoprene back and kydex front shell.

For matches, I have a OWB Blade-Tech for each gun I shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what you're trying to do. If you're a guy who can actually carry your gun OWB, then maybe a Bravo Concealment/Raven Concealment / Comp Tac Flatline style holster that will hold the gun high and close to the body. But if not that, the BladeTech OWB is an excellent marriage of price and quality. I used to love CompTac, but got a deal on a BladeTech and I couldn't justify the 20$+ to go up to a CompTac over the OWB.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Comp-tac international

Haven't tried the equivalent Blade Techs yet, but have several intl holsters and have used them exclusively for several guns in Idpa in the past 3 yrs. Great holsters and mag pouches from a local TX company!

They don't have anything for my new Tanfo Lim Pro yet, but hoping they'll come out with their intl holster for it soon!

I just received my Blade Tech Revolution holster for my M&P Pro and the holster has a pretty drastic cant into my body at the top above my belt. Is this normal?

Mine are not the Revolution model but none of them do that. Is your belt above your hips? Does your body overflow your belt in that area? ;-)

I just received my Blade Tech Revolution holster for my M&P Pro and the holster has a pretty drastic cant into my body at the top above my belt. Is this normal?

Mine are not the Revolution model but none of them do that. Is your belt above your hips? Does your body overflow your belt in that area? ;-)

My belt is right at the top of my hip bones and I am pretty slim so no body overflow.

• 2 weeks later...