Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Woman who wanted to make GM in a year

Hi-Power Jack

Anybody remember, a year or two ago, a young woman posted that she was just starting out in USPSA

and planned to become a GM with 1-2 years, If I recall correctly?

About 300 responses came in, for about 5-7 months, and I haven't seen anything lately re: this.

Anybody know how she made out? :cheers:

Or it could have been Candice Juliano A86759 whom it seems joined uspsa not that long ago and is now a GM

Candice has been shooting less than 1.5 years is the 1st woman GM in production.

After IPSC Nationals she went from M to GM.

She shot the same classifier like 50 times and recorded only the best scores

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If someone has a club willing to let you shoot classifier all day, and you are willing to pay the fee and shoot until you are ankle deep in brass, I guess you can bump your classification up.

Your match scores will show your real shooting capabilities.

She shot the same classifier like 50 times and recorded only the best scores

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard it was more like 100 times.

You sure, i heard it was 500, and she moved the targets closer, and used an open gun, and took steroids and EPO. :sight:

:devil:

Your match scores will show your real shooting capabilities.

this is correct. and sometimes people even notice the discrepancy, and engage in mockery about it.

Which won't happen on this forum, right?

I don't know what you are talking about. ;) ordnung muss sein.

:cheers:

Edited by motosapiens

What is the point of being a paper GM?

Do you get sponsored because of it?

I guess it's cool to say you are the 1st GM in something but unless you shoot at that level in matches, what does it really matter?

Edit: I am not saying she is a Paper GM, I have no idea how many times she shot the classifiers.

I met her and she is a nice girl and a good shooter.

Edited by bret

You don't get GM for just a couple of great classifiers. Isn't an average of six.

and you can reshoot all 6 over and over if you want. pretty much any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

You don't get GM for just a couple of great classifiers. Isn't an average of six.

any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

Guess I'm NOT a "decent B class shooter". :sick:

I've NEVER shot any stage at a GM level - an "A", at most. :cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

Guess I'm NOT a "decent B class shooter". :sick:

I've NEVER shot any stage at a GM level - an "A", at most. :cheers:

I rarely practice classifiers but I have run El Pres in practice before. I was able to luck a couple of 100% runs after a few runs trying to hero or zero it.