Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

We need to reiterate that this match is not about "knocking off" or causing to fail one loading system or another based on personal bias......

SOF was not that way either....

It was all about what worked when called upon to do something you might experience in a tactical or field setting, i.e. jumping into a foxhole, crouching down behind minimal cover, crawling under a vehicle to take a shot.

I saw a guy rip off a Choate loader that was on his belt behind his hip when he insisted on coming out from under a pile of rubble too early and essentially "bulled" his way through.......this was a failure of the "tactical man", not the "tactical equipment".

ericm

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I didn't realize how expensive forming a NFA Trust was, that ate up any additional funds I might have for registration fees :( Is it possible to be placed on a Waiting list for the purpose that I can't afford the match? Would love to shoot this match but currently funds are a little low for the month of January.

1. Get your trust lawyer to pay for your entry, then pay for the trust and entry over time.....laywers love this because it puts them in a lower tax bracket (I don't know if that's true.....or if any of this is true)

2. Get your beautiful, patient girlfriend to pay for your entry, then pay for the trust and patience over time.....girlfriends love this because it puts them in a higher "you owe me" bracket (I don't know if that's true.....or if any of this is true)

3. Finally......No, you can't do that......(I know THATS true) :devil:

ericm

1. Get your trust lawyer to pay for your entry, then pay for the trust and entry over time.....laywers love this because it puts them in a lower tax bracket (I don't know if that's true.....or if any of this is true)

2. Get your beautiful, patient girlfriend to pay for your entry, then pay for the trust and patience over time.....girlfriends love this because it puts them in a higher "you owe me" bracket (I don't know if that's true.....or if any of this is true)

ericm

LOL I Guess I'll have to play my odds then closer the match gets.

ericm

LOL I Guess I'll have to play my odds then closer the match gets.

All this talk Curtis, and now nothing...asking for I.O.U's on entry fees...lol

There is a limited number of sponsor slots available,...now let's see what kind of juice you really have!

Jimmy

Someone asked a few pages back what to expect at a traditional SOF type match:

• Major power factor is a big difference, especially for pistol. If you shoot 9mm (minor) no real bigy though.
  • Some rifle shots will likely require more time to engage (more medium and long range shooting). Know your dope.
  • Shooting in the dirt possible. Expect dust when prone with rifle.
  • Holstered pistol getting full of dirt very possible. Expect to do quick field clean occasionally. A now famous winner of one match was DQ'd (post match) for using an holstered airsoft rather than his match pistol for dirt protection. Probably worst violation possible in an SOF match.
  • Expect few long slug shots (50, 75, maybe more). A lot of shotguns may have issues with full power slugs and buck shot.
  • Physical requirements should not be problem, but expect a field course or two with targets up a canyon or something. If it's hot, the RO's will be dying.
  • Hardest thing experienced was squad carrying all gear half mile (seemed that long) up a dry/sandy riverbed in 116 plus degrees (was that hot). Best part of the match or at least most memorable, still talking about it twenty years later.

The match is a total blast! You will be hooked.

Edited by littlefish

YeeHaa I just got my confirmation that I am in and paid!

Hmmmm...maybe I'll dust of the REAL Auto 5 (with 22" barrel) and some Choate shell holder for shotgun,

maybe a M14 for the rifle, and...damn I hate to mess up a good thing with a Glock so perhaps the Les Baer should go in a

Milt Sparks 1AT,

To All:

A legitimate confirmation letter (Email) will be going out within the next week or so. It will advise you of what is needed, and what to pack for the range. There are some range constraints that we will be covered as well as hotel information.

Teams can sign up for the elective team event onsite @ $25 per shooter (4 man team). Squading requests will be done in a few months, but to make it easier, get things dialed in now with your team, and when we send the request out things will go much easier for us. We are planning on 8 man squads (hopefully 2 teams on a squad....you guys can figure the rest out. Shooters can ONLY shoot on 1 team, LE/Mil or Open (anyone).

That's all for now!

Jimmy

YeeHaa I just got my confirmation that I am in and paid!

Hmmmm...maybe I'll dust of the REAL Auto 5 (with 22" barrel) and some Choate shell holder for shotgun,

maybe a M14 for the rifle, and...damn I hate to mess up a good thing with a Glock so perhaps the Les Baer should go in a

Milt Sparks 1AT,

Hah, I have a 1AT for my G22. :)

Optic question. I currently use an Eotech EXPS 3-0 with a separate Aimpoint magnifier on a flip to side mount. Does this conflict with rule: 4.2.2. Rifles are allowed any single optic [2016 addendum]

At other matches, the magnifier has not been considered an optic since it doesn't have a reticle/can't be used by itself.

I'd like to acquire a 1-4 or a 1-6 before the match, but that might not be possible. So I have to ask, is my set up legal?

Optic question. I currently use an Eotech EXPS 3-0 with a separate Aimpoint magnifier on a flip to side mount. Does this conflict with rule: 4.2.2. Rifles are allowed any single optic [2016 addendum]

At other matches, the magnifier has not been considered an optic since it doesn't have a reticle/can't be used by itself.

I'd like to acquire a 1-4 or a 1-6 before the match, but that might not be possible. So I have to ask, is my set up legal?

For this match "single=single" fixed "X" MOA dot, AND MAGNIFIERS ARE GOOD TO GO, and is considered in "optic class" regardless if there is a magnifier behind something...now in front is another story. It is functionally the same as a variable optic.

1-4,5,6,8 would probably be the better choice IMO.

Other optic Q's have been: "can I have my JP point, RMR, Doctor or whatever on my scope and just take out the batteries"...Answer, Yes. Confirmation will be affirmed on a non working secondary sighting system at tech inspection.

Jimmy

Edited by VNGunfighter

Jimmy,

For this match can a .40 S&W pistol (i.e. Glock 22/35, STI) be shot as minor PF? The rules sort a say shooter must use 9mm only for minor, but it's not totally clear. A fair number of folks may want to use their existing 40s, but may not want to load up to the SOF major PF, especially in a non-ramped barrel. I can imagine the answer the old school SOF dudes would have given.

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by littlefish

As long as your pistol declaration is MINOR on your application and you announce the fact at any pistol stage to the RO for clairity AND you continue to make minor power factor of 135, that would be OK.

We will collect ammo from all competitors.

And.....Dios te ayude if you're caught stretching the power factor truth :devil:

ericm

What Eric Said....We will be collecting ammo at random places, times and any RO has authorization to do this. There will be a chronos set up as well. Scales for the rifles will be hung, and we are encourageing all to re-weigh rifles, just in case they gained some weight on the trip to Logan.

As far as equipment (carriers/mag holders and bayonet sheaths), any question on your gear should be disclosed before you start shooting, if something needs fixed, you can visit the table with Gorilla tape, and make it right.

Tech. inspection at sign in/sight in will be to MAKE SURE ALL safeties are working, and functional. This means, all grip safeties, external and internal (if they apply in this case) SG's, rifles/carbines and pistols will all be checked.

This may seem excessive but per our experience, we have saved many from going home due to non-working safeties. You will have time to fix these issues.

That is all for now.

Jimmy

CD

Will a vehicle be needed to get around to the stages?

Right now, we have two parking areas, and there are some interesting range constraints that should be worked out without issue.

I would recommend a backpack, and you will be doing some "lite" hiking for sure.

Long guns should be carried muzzle up OR down will moving through the stages.