Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"4.5.4. Pistol may not begin stages of fire with an extended magazine in place except where the extension is no larger than a reasonable duty magazine base pad. This will allow most double column pistols to begin with a +2 base pad but no more."

Looks like you can't START with a 140mm pad, but after the start signal anything's fair game...as long as it fits in a pouch covering all but 2" of the mag.

Next dumb question, if I can cram a 33rd Glock mag into a legal pouch, is that considered A-OK?

Edited by Brian N.

The "bungee" better look like a flap, covering both sides of the magazine from a side view....

A Glock 33 rd magazine in a legal pouch.....HMMM....I think the boy is getting it...... :devil:

ericm

Both sides, but the front may be cut lower?

Apparently all I have is "Gamer" gear.

I suppose I'm in Field Gear, Safariland ALS holster, HSGI Tacos and Belt. A 140mm magazine is exposed about 2.125" on the side and about 1.5" on the front/back. They're integrated into a rifle Taco so they stick out a bit farther than USPSA allows, but it looks like they're close enough for this match (lucky I have big hands...)

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

What's up with coupled magazines? I seem to remember everyone running around with Redi-Mags when this match was going on. Will I have to dig around and find mine or are couplers like the Springer Precision mag coupler OK? Seem to remember something about the spare mag needing the bullets covered. Can we use the couple mag if we can figure out a way to cover up the bullets on the spare mag? Do they have to be covered after you swap mags?

Never mind. I think I'll skip it this year at least. You seem a bit thin skinned. Actually just got a STI 2011 .45 because I thought it would be more appropriate for the match than most of the guns I have. And I was planning on having the mags black nitrided, again to stay in the spirit.

Moving on....

Someone offline asked about brightly colored guns, and if they would be allowed.

SOF was mute on this because, while the rare barbecue gun might appear, all the guns back then wore "factory colors", if you will.

It was only toward the end that I recall seeing the occasional decal on the stock or a fancy two-tone STI. There were plenty of "royal blue" finishes on pistols and shotguns (think field 870).

....so all guns are welcome, regardless of color scheme, although extra points would go toward orange and black tiger stripe, etc.

Just watch those magazines so that you middle remains camouflaged.... :devil:

ericm

DARN! Now I feel like such a fool!!!!

....to walk away from an almost certain $100 protest fee on top of the match entry just doesn't sound like good business sense...

ericm

Well ericm, looks like i will not be attending your match. Have fun applying camo duct tape.

Edited by StravIs09

I occasionally eat pancakes at restaurants.

Mostly, I like to read and talk about pancakes at mostlypancakes.com

Recently a new restaurant announced that they would be opening soon and serving old-fashioned pancakes.

Well, the buzz on mostlypancakes.com was off the charts!!!

I couldn't wait to go!!!

That is, until some guy on the forum started talking all RUDE about the etiquette and rules of eating pancakes and the history of old-fashioned pancakes and all kinds of crazy junk like that....

So now, I vow never to go to the new pancake place....never...NEver...NEVER... (foot stamp) ....NEVAR!!!!

....or, maybe, I had no intention of ever going in the first place...

ericm

Just to clarify - No compensators of any kind on the rifles?

The last year or two Mike was allowing rifle compensators as long as they were unobtrusive and of similar size and shape of a flashider. He wouldn't allow the JP tankbuster but he was allowing a lot of others.

Trying to figure out if I'm going to have to install a different front end on my rifle.

Thanks

ADDITIONAL 2016 RULES / CLARIFICATIONS

1. 13.1. Rules are subject to change up until the match date.
  2. 13.2. No ammunition may exceed 3200 fps muzzle velocity. Also, no steel core or steel jacket bullets.
  3. 13.3. Rifle muzzle brakes / compensators will be permitted as long as they are not longer than 3" or have a diameter larger than 1".
  4. 13.4. All scoring will be heads-up. Rifle stages will be converted to stage points based on the corresponding OPTICS or IRONS stage leader. Then everyone will be ranked by overall match points.

Actually, I sure did intend to shoot Resurgence in the first place. I thought it'd be fun. I love the idea of a match that's completely different from everything out there right now. I like the scoring. I like the intent of a lot of the rules. I even kind of like the idea of using all buckshot in a match, even though it adds a significant cost to the shooter.

I intended to shoot Resurgence even though I thought some of the rules were goofy.

I intended to shoot Resurgence even though I didn't like having to pay an extra $100 in shotgun ammo alone.

I intended to shoot Resurgence even though I didn't like having to change my guns and gear to comply with rules written before 15 years of GWOT-driven practical equipment R&D.

Most of my shooter friends thought I was nuts for wanting to shoot Resurgence, but I thought it'd be worthwhile to try at least once since I'm too young to have ever shot SOF.

EDITED AFTER PERSONAL CONVERSATION WITH JIMMY. I had posted some incorrect information regarding the match host and dates, it has been removed.

I might still shoot Resurgence after my interaction with him, even though the dates conflict with the Ironman East. We'll see. My interaction with the Match Director has been pleasant, he comes across as professional, helpful and friendly, even though he's firm on some rules. That's how match communication SHOULD be.

Edited by Brian N.