Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On stages that use the Resurgence paper target, you will be shooting for points as defined by your declared weapon - major or minor.

The manner of scoring will be different among the stages: some time plus penalties only, some par times, some points divided by time depending on the stage and what we are trying to test for.....

All stages will have 100% winners (we have already covered rifle stages - 1 winner for scope and 1 winner for iron) with all others a percentage of the winner.

ericm

Gee Chuck, has 3-gun morphed so much that folks no longer recognize that the more points you make the higher your score, as long as your no too slow at it? Time plus has warped your head!

STEELHEAD if my b.a.c. is the denominator......no one is going to have a very high ratio.......just saying! :)

I'm just used to having one method of scoring a match. Don't really care what it is. Just different changing every stage. But yeah, I'm not used to having points anymore in 3Gun. Wanna make it hard, make the targets tiny. Again, don't care, just curious. I've got a trade going on a 2011 .45 pretty much just for this match. If I don't need it is like to know.

As has been said each stage may have its own scoring.

Example.

Shooters begins stage 2 with 200 match points. The shooters time, plus penalties will be subtracted from 200 for the shooter score.

The higher the number the better, so shoot fast and be accurate so as to not subtract too much.

Stage 7. The course of fire has the shooter engage the plate rack and ONLY AFTER one plate is knocked down will advance

to the paper target. Only hit on the paper will count for score (Major and Minor) there will be 6 strings. 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2 and 1.5 seconds respectively.

Or something like that. I loved this match and the scoring was crazy cool...but as always fast and accurate with power is the way.

As has been said each stage may have its own scoring.

Example.

Shooters begins stage 2 with 200 match points. The shooters time, plus penalties will be subtracted from 200 for the shooter score.

The higher the number the better, so shoot fast and be accurate so as to not subtract too much.

Stage 7. The course of fire has the shooter engage the plate rack and ONLY AFTER one plate is knocked down will advance

to the paper target. Only hit on the paper will count for score (Major and Minor) there will be 6 strings. 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2 and 1.5 seconds respectively.

Or something like that. I loved this match and the scoring was crazy cool...but as always fast and accurate with power is the way.

My take on it too. Shoot fast and accurate. Take advantage of major PF scoring and have fun. Don't get too wrapped up in the scoring system of each stage. I'll be shooting heavy gear and am simply picking up some 126mm mags so I can run my 40. Gonna be a fun weekend for sure.

To all:

09/16-18/2016 Resurgence Tactical 3-Gun 2016 will be IN Logan, New Mexico hosted by JP Enterprises at the Blue Steel Ranch and administered by Competition-Dynamics

This is your chance to shoot a "Legitimate SOF" type match, put on by SOF vets.

The rule set has 1 modification, and thats it, everything else is the same!

Eric Miller will be the main answer dude, as well as myself.

Right now, the website has a ton of great information, and this will updated as the date gets closer. Early registration will be a SHOT 2016 at the JPEnterprises booth as well as various others. Normal registration will be on the 25th of January.

Be there!

Jimmy

http://resurgence3gun.com

http://competition-dynamics.com

After consulting with JP Enterprises, who is hosting the match at the Blue Steel Ranch, we have moved the RESURGENCE dates to SEPT 23-25 in order to avoid conflict with the NRA World Championship. As a reminder, registration will open Monday January 25, but early registration will be available at the SHOT Show (the week prior).

J

CD

Scenario time:

4 Shooters; Aoptic223, Boptic308, Airon223, and Biron308 On a rifle stage, one piece of paper to distinguish powerfactor rest is steel.

Aoptic223 shoots the stage in 100secs but hits the Bzone on the target.

Airon223 shoots the stage in 108secs and cleans the paper with Azone hit.

Boptic308 shoots a 95secs stage and hits the Czone.

Biron308 Shoots 120secs and hits the A zone.

Who is winning? and what pnt% do the other shooters get?

Well, I am! What percentage do the others get???? Well I don't care cause I'M WINNING! :)

One piece of paper? Really? Don't you know this group better than that? Now no more non sequitur question for you or it will be ashes and soot in your stocking!

BTW there is no 308 optic, or 308 iron, nor 223 optic or 223 iron.....there is ONLY Optic or Iron what points you make on paper are entirely up to you! You have the values!

Edited by kurtm

Those are the shooters names not there division lol! But to get more strait to my point on stages that have rifle, Will Iron shooters only be compared to the iron winner. or will Iron shooters be scored against stage winner? I heard both scenarios and It had me confused.

Correctomundo Chuck!

DocMedic if you heard "both scenarios" one of the ones you heard was from someone in no way connected to putting this match on, but feel free to keep believing what you read on the internet. :lol:

Edited by kurtm

After spending a couple of very enjoyable and nostalgic hours of searching through my old issues of SOF, I finally found it. February, 1981.

This issue has an article called "SOF's Milestone Shooting Event".

"The first annual Soldier of Fortune shooting match tested the skill of nearly 100 top ranked competitors in combat pistol, fighting shotgun and battle rifle events. The three match weapons were chosen on the basis of their importance in a combat role."

The top 10 shot either the H&K91 or the M1A evenly split. (This first match did not allow .223 rifles).

Nine competitors shot a 1911 45, one shot a 1911 38 super.

All 10 shot a Remington 1100.

Overall the top 3 winners were:

1st - Raul Walters

2nd - John Shaw

3rd - Bill Rogers

I'm glad to see the spirit of the original SOF 3-gun matches of the 1980's experience a resurgence.

Please let there be some slots left after the SHOT show.

After reading all the posts in this thread and all the rules (interpreting them as best as I can) and looking at what I've got in the safe, I guess for me the guns in the optics division to shoot are:

AR .223 with 1-4 Meopta

Hi-cap 1911 in .40

Benelli M1S90 with 21" bbl

Do you guys have some other combination/choices/ideas/preferences that you would use?

I'm not sure if the match planners have any interest in this or not but I think I have 8 or 9 years of match stages from 1991 to 2003 somewhere. If you want a nostalgia factor I would be happy to email them to you for consideration.

I'm not sure if the match planners have any interest in this or not but I think I have 8 or 9 years of match stages from 1991 to 2003 somewhere. If you want a nostalgia factor I would be happy to email them to you for consideration.

Thanks, MarcO!!

I would be interested in 1991 to 1994, as I have all the rest myself.

.....and believe me, we're looking at them :devil:

Yes, part of this match will be about the nostalgia factor, especially the part about shooting fast and accurately and keeping your head about you...

...and we hope to further the state of 3 gun also, especially the part about shooting fast and accurately and keeping your head about you... :devil:

Let's take this off-line, PM me and I'll get them from you at your convenience....Thanks!

ericm

EricM

"Thanks, MarcO!!

I would be interested in 1991 to 1994, as I have all the rest myself.

.....and believe me, we're looking at them :devil: :"

How about you skip the rifle standards stage with the 35mph crosswind blowing sand so hard you couldn't see the targets? That would be a good one to skip. :sick:

Edited by MarcO

The match sounds like a whole lot of fun! Since I think I was about five years old when the SOF matches stopped, I have a few rules questions:

1. 4.3. No compensators on any weapon unless general military or in issue form. Through the barrel and /or slide porting is considered a compensator. A flash hider that is otherwise identical to the military flash hider except that is has a restricted exit is acceptable.
  1. So slide lightening is NOT acceptable, or is the rulebook on the site not currently updated?
    1. 2.6.Rifle minor calibers are all others, including .223, 5.56, 7.62x39. 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, .300 BLK, etc
    2. 4.6.4. Rifles must be of military caliber

So are 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC and .300 BLK legal or illegal? I'm not aware of any militaries that currently issue rifles in these calibers.

1. 5.8.5. Magazine pouches for the pistol may leave no more than 2 inches protruding from the magazine carrier while those for the rifle may leave no more than 2 inches of a 20 round magazine protruding or 3 inches of a 30 round or greater magazine protruding from the carrier. This 2 inch or 3 inch limit includes all portions of the magazine including the base pads. Both rifle and pistol carriers must protect the magazine feed lips.

I know quite a few LE officers who use Safariland 773 pouches for duty carry. Under these rules, those aren't acceptable, or are they only acceptable for LEOs with departmental approval?

1. 4.3. No compensators on any weapon unless general military or in issue form. Through the barrel and /or slide porting is considered a compensator. A flash hider that is otherwise identical to the military flash hider except that is has a restricted exit is acceptable.
    2. 13.3. Rifle muzzle brakes / compensators will be permitted as long as they are not longer than 3" or have a diameter larger than 1".

Does this exemption only apply to rifles, or will it apply to shotguns as well?

Thanks, I'm going to try pretty hard to make this one :-)

To begin, your numbering is sloppy :devil:

...here are answers in order of your questions, not numbering:

Slide lightening is OK, porting thru bbl and slide are NOT OK, no gas better come out.....

Those calibers are legal, since .MIL & .GOV have played around with them, but they are scored MINOR....

http://www.safariland.com/magazine/model-773-competition-open-top-magazine-pouch-11183.html Looks like a competition pouch to me, not allowed if more than 2" of mag exposed, put a flap on it, tape it up, etc.....maybe VOODOO Tactical has something for you :devil:

No shotgun compensators, bbl porting, etc. are allowed.

ericm

P.S. : You may rock your fancy multi-cam pants.....

To begin, your numbering is sloppy :devil:

...here are answers in order of your questions, not numbering:

Slide lightening is OK, porting thru bbl and slide are NOT OK, no gas better come out.....

Those calibers are legal, since .MIL & .GOV have played around with them, but they are scored MINOR....

http://www.safariland.com/magazine/model-773-competition-open-top-magazine-pouch-11183.html Looks like a competition pouch to me, not allowed if more than 2" of mag exposed, put a flap on it, tape it up, etc.....maybe VOODOO Tactical has something for you :devil:

No shotgun compensators, bbl porting, etc. are allowed.

ericm

P.S. : You may rock your fancy multi-cam pants.....

Sounds good. I was confused since the rules said barrel and/OR slide porting was a no-go.

Is a bungee pull-tab an acceptable fix for an illegal pouch? I have quite a few HSGI tacos but I'm not sure how much mag will stick out of them with a 140mm basepad.