Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

To all:

09/16-18/2016 Resurgence Tactical 3-Gun 2016 will be IN Logan, New Mexico hosted by JP Enterprises at the Blue Steel Ranch and administered by Competition-Dynamics

This is your chance to shoot a "Legitimate SOF" type match, put on by SOF vets.

The rule set has 1 modification, and thats it, everything else is the same!

Eric Miller will be the main answer dude, as well as myself.

Right now, the website has a ton of great information, and this will updated as the date gets closer. Early registration will be a SHOT 2016 at the JPEnterprises booth as well as various others. Normal registration will be on the 25th of January.

Be there!

Jimmy

http://resurgence3gun.com

http://competition-dynamics.com

Edited by VNGunfighter

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.10 No neon colored mag base pads, mag carriers, holsters or brightly colored magazine are allowed, We find them offensive in this format

But if I wear a brightly colored sponsored shirt we're cool right?

I like the nostalgia of the match, but there is a bit of subjectivity in the rule set.

I like the concept, but I'm unclear on the "rifle muzzle device" rules. In the main body of the rules it states that it must be of a standard military configuration, but then later it says anything that fits the 3"x1" rule is ok. Which is it?

Also, I'm not sure that I have mag carriers that would be allowed based on how much can be exposed when in the carriers. Sounds like none of my IDPA, USPSA, or 3-Gun carriers would be allowed. Not sure about my pistol holsters either...

Edited by wgj3

I like the concept, but I'm unclear on the "rifle muzzle device" rules. In the main body of the rules it states that it must be of a standard military configuration, but then later it says anything that fits the 3"x1" rule is ok. Which is it?

Also, I'm not sure that I have mag carriers that would be allowed based on how much can be exposed when in the carriers. Sounds like none of my IDPA, USPSA, or 3-Gun carriers would be allowed. Not sure about my pistol holsters either...

It looks like they wanted to keep the historical aspect of the ruleset and just added the 2016 addendums at the end. By my reading, any Tac-Ops rifle would be legal...plus a bi-pod if you want.

Rifle cannot weigh more then 9lbs without optic or 10.5 with optic. That's cutting it close I don't think many shooters rifle meet that. Considering that the rifle has to have the sling on it also for weight.

Edited by DocMedic

Brief Clarifications:

You can wear your sponsor shirts, no problem (Team Armalite used to)... except Curtis must also wear camo tights to offset the dazzle w/ matching leg warmers to his sponsor shirt.

We used to see a lot of rigged-up equipment to meet the rules; OD duct tape works wonders on holsters or "brightly colored" base pads, and to "build up" mag holders, etc. Also saw a lot of this rigged-up equipment scattered all over some of the more physical stages. Inner-outer belt rigs are a bad idea, but if you want to use one and think it will give you an edge, feel free. Of course, if you're not LE and it's not your approved system, it must meet concealed definition with an open top holster. Remember, the idea of this match was to prove out what equipment really works.

SOF was always strangely quiet on the carry of shotgun ammo; we used to see all kinds: corsets, bandoliers, choat loaders (actually designed for SOF), US Army pouches, just not in a pants pocket. The Resurgence will, likewise, remain open to innovation :devil:

At the end, SOF / WC3G allowed muzzle brakes on rifles only due to the fact we were in the dark days of the 1994 ban. Since they are now ubiquitous, we will allow them also.

My 20" CTR02 w/ sling, Burris TAC 30 and PEPR mount, and non-swivel Harris bipod weighs just under 10.5 lbs.

Now, I know all modern 3-gunners only own 1 rifle, and that rifle weighs much more than 10.5 lbs (or 9 lbs, or 11 lbs, or 12.5 lbs), so the hopeless consternation is well founded :devil: (but will be ignored).

Lastly, in the true spirit of the SOF shooter meetings, it's not that we don't welcome your suggestions...it's....yeah, I just kinda zoned out there....

ericm

What is this match? Well here is what it is. So many folks we run into have said...man I would have loved to be able to shoot the old SOF match. Well here is your chance. This is an exact S.O.F. style match put on by the same guys who did the last one, with almost the exact rule set......in other words you get a chance to shoot one!

Some ding dong on another forum stated that "these old farts really resist change". He completely misses the point of the match. It is for all the folks who really wanted to shoot one, now have the chance to really shoot one so they can see what it was really like with the gear and firearms rules of the match at that time.

BTW docmedic a 20" barreled JP CTR-02 with a TA-11 Trijicon scope, and Harris bi-pod and a nylon ching sling makes weight.

The rule about muzzle breaks 1"X3" was indeed a S.O.F. legal rule changed around 1998 due to the assault weapons ban of 1994. I was the one who made the ruling on 3" from the crown of the barrel forward, instead of over all length.

What is this match? Well here is what it is. So many folks we run into have said...man I would have loved to be able to shoot the old SOF match. Well here is your chance. This is an exact S.O.F. style match put on by the same guys who did the last one, with almost the exact rule set......in other words you get a chance to shoot one!

Some ding dong on another forum stated that "these old farts really resist change". He completely misses the point of the match. It is for all the folks who really wanted to shoot one, now have the chance to really shoot one so they can see what it was really like with the gear and firearms rules of the match at that time.

BTW docmedic a 20" barreled JP CTR-02 with a TA-11 Trijicon scope, and Harris bi-pod and a nylon ching sling makes weight.

The rule about muzzle breaks 1"X3" was indeed a S.O.F. legal rule changed around 1998 due to the assault weapons ban of 1994. I was the one who made the ruling on 3" from the crown of the barrel forward, instead of over all length.

Even those of us that never were able to go to SOF miss this format. Our earlier matches were run pretty much this way and most of the mathces up until about 6-8 years ago at least attempted to maintain this. now it's all 'run-n-gun' style just about. Gear that would not last a day if you had to crawl 50 yards or jump over a low wall, etc.

If I read the last part correctly our modern muzzle breaks on our rifles will be allowed? I have a Black Rain comp on my heavy metal gun, 1"Dia and 3" long, certainly not the old JP Tank Brake, would my BRO brake be allowed?

I can dream I can make it to this match. Too far to drive alone and I really HATE to fly.

Eric, question on the holster.

Should it be one that it is easy to re-holster hot on the clock, or is a pancake holster okay and there will be no hot reholstering?

There WAS some hot reholstering that I recall on some stages, so yes. That being said, there were some pancake holsters used also. I used a Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB holster with my Hi-power in 1995 and used that until I got a G17 (17 ROUNDS...17!!!!) and started using a BladeTech (it's Plastic....PLASTIC!!!) won at SOF (see how that equipment escalation thing goes???)

Is there any penalty for mismatched camo? Desert boots and woodland pants with blue digicam shirt?

NO PENALTIES for mismatched camo, only the accolades from other shooters. However, there was this one guy at the convention in '95 (not a shooter, tho) sporting tailored, starched, and pressed French Lizard-pattern cammies, something we can all aspire to....

ericm

Are target distances known to the shooter before hand since there is no walkthroughs? it would make things interesting if you can't see your misses with irons.

All will be answered at the shooter's meeting, IF you are wearing your leg warmers....

The common SOF response was "the targets are within practical rifle range" if you seemed too desperate...you know, jumping up and down in your chair with your hand up :devil:

(but usually that info was disseminated - you had to pay attention at the shooter meetings, they were brutal)

ericm

Eric, question on the holster.

Should it be one that it is easy to re-holster hot on the clock, or is a pancake holster okay and there will be no hot reholstering?

Mark,

Your option on the holster man, there will be hot re-holstering guaranteed.

J