Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

do i need to sort my 38 brass to sell it?

motosapiens

It should be sorted. I shoot 38 SC and wouldn't want anything other than that if buying used.

I will also say that I can buy 38SC brass brand new and shipped for .15 a round. I would expect to pay much less than that for used. Good luck to you!

Yep, sorting as BeerBaron suggested is the best.

You can use an empty .40 case to sort the super from the rimless stuff. If the head of the case goes in it is rimless, if not then it is a super.

Just as an FYI - Starline sells new super and supercomp for 140 to 150 bucks per 1k.

You can shoot all of them in the same gun... ah, add 9x19mm to that list too. :)

Brass is brass... only half-kidding, as I actually did shoot them all in the same gun.

But yes... when selling you need to sort it all. I did.

kneelingatlas, my Tanfo gold likes the 38 super brass. It shoots both.

I would never pay .15 cents for used brass. .7 is more like it. And everyone and their mother has once fired brass. The ONLY way you can say its once fired brass is it was your personal brass and it never got mixed with any others brass. (not saying the post said once fired)

He asked if it would be better to have it sorted...not whether you would buy it or not. Please keep your comments to that effect.

I appreciate those comments as well. I sold some last year for about .09/ea shipped and got like 20 responses in the first minute and everyone said it was too cheap, but perhaps 38 brass has gone down since then (or I misremembered the price).

I'll sort it and count it while watching football and digesting turkey this weekend and put it in the classifieds at a reasonable price. Thanks to all for the constructive suggestions, especially beerbaron and bamboo.

Edited by motosapiens