Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best value trigger?

Leozinho

Only thing I dont like about the JP's is that the set screws sometimes come loose if you break the locktite then reassemble. (ive had to disassemble a few and chase the threads and clean them super duper clean for red locktite to hold well.) But yea, for a single stage trigger they are awesome. (JP also offers a pretty good LE/MIL pricing plan if that applies to you)

For me, the JPs need a rebuild between 10-12k. Have a CMC that is trucking along with over 50k, no maintenance. Longevity and durability are part of the equation.

What needs to be "rebuilt" or replaced in the JP triggers? What has been the mode of failure in your experience?

I found a good deal on a Velocity 3# on another forum's classified section, so that's what I got. It will be a while before I get to wring it out.

I might try the tuning trick above on a cheap mil-spec trigger I have laying around for a different AR.

Thanks all.

• 3 weeks later...

I just built a lower with a $45 QMS "enhanced" trigger that impressed me. I don't have a gauge but it feels maybe 2x as heavy as the Geissele but just as smooth, no creep, nice break. Seems like what you'd want for anything other than a target gun. Light years better than a stock trigger.

Edited by Frankly

I agree - JP is the cheapest "real" match trigger, and stands comparison with any other option. Can be a PITA to install compared with the drop-in units, but not beyond anyone competent with basic hand tools. I have them in all my match rifles.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

+1 on the JP. I have installed more of these in our shop than all others combined. It is 90% as good as a trigger that costs 2-3 times as much. It isn't a Geissele or a Wilson, but doesn't cost near as much either. I find that I can shoot controlled pairs with my son's rifle with the JP just as accurate and fast as with my Jard, and I don't have to chase the adjustment every 6 months like the Jard needs. The installation DVD makes at-home installs easy.

I run a jard. I know it is old school but it breaks nice and is about 3 lbs. You have to be a bit of a tinker-er to get everything just right once I have the adjustments where I want them I red lock tite them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk