Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best value trigger?

Leozinho

What a good value trigger?

This is not for a top-of-the-line build, so I'd like to keep the cost down. Therefore I've ruled out the Geiselles and the drop-in units (unless I found a smoking deal. Right now the best I've seen is a Velocity 3lb for $130.) I'd like to spend less, but would buy that if its the best value.

Other option is the ALG Defense enhanced trigger, but I have a feeling it's just a glorified mil-spec trigger. Plus, a quick search shows other companies are offering 'enhanced' mil-spec type triggers at lower prices.

Not sure what else is out there. The AR aftermarket has exploded in the last few years so I'm not in tune with all the available options. Let me know what else I should consider.

Thanks.

Edited by Leozinho

Take a look at the CMC triggers. They are only slightly higher than the one you listed and a drop in unit. I have been running one for a couple months with no complaints. Mine came of the prize table at Generation 3 gun.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I haven't put anywhere near 20k on any AR trigger.

Haven't looked at since install so no idea on springs.

No light strikes of any kind on a few different kinds of ammo.

I don't have the time or knowledge mark has on triggers.

Just my observations from shooting a cmc and the velocity. Velocity has better break, reset, and is cheaper

Best value triggrr on the cheap is take a milspec trigger and add a pretravel adjuster screw. If your grip screw hole is threaded all the way through a hardware store set screw works. If not order one of these. That removes a lot of the pretravel. Next Add the yellow JP springs. That will possibly cause issues with a factory hammer. For that you bob the hammer like a JP speed hammer to make it reliable. It costs like 25 bucks and is a big improvement. Removing the tool marks on trigger helps even more if your careful

Best value triggrr on the cheap is take a milspec trigger and add a pretravel adjuster screw. If your grip screw hole is threaded all the way through a hardware store set screw works. If not order one of these. That removes a lot of the pretravel. Next Add the yellow JP springs. That will possibly cause issues with a factory hammer. For that you bob the hammer like a JP speed hammer to make it reliable. It costs like 25 bucks and is a big improvement. Removing the tool marks on trigger helps even more if your careful

That's exactly what I did to get by till I decide on a trigger. JP reduced springs and with the Anderson hammer which is bobbed, added a set screw and it is a crisp 5 pounds. Not as light as I would like but I'll take it for the cost. I was surprised it did not come in lighter but the factory Anderson weight to start with was 8.5 pounds.

I've been looking hard at the flat CMC but I do like the set screw setup on the Timney's. To bad CMC does not have that feature.