Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX mags now.

Ultimo-Hombre

I know there were some growing pains for a bit. The existing threads have seemed to die off, question for my open brethren... What is the current consensus on an MBX 170 for 9mm?

I have held off but would like to try them now that the kinks may be worked out, what say you?

I have the MBX 170mm and I am using it for 38 Super. It rocks! No problems at all on my end. I can get 30 in it easily but it is not reloadable unless I am loading it in the gun with the slide open. So, I load it to 29 and call it a day. Great magazine!

I bought one of his 170s and it had problems from the start (spring seemed too weak and took a set almost immediately.) I think a fair number of folks had that problem.

I emailed adrian and told him what was happening. He sent me a new spring and follower (spring seemed much stronger.) The mag is now 100%. Seems to have been a teething problem and they made it right. Everything else about the mag seemed quality from the start. If I neeeded another mag I'd likely buy it from MBX.

I purchased 4 170mm mags from MBX back in May of this year. All 4 have functioned flawlessly. I'm getting 29 rounds of 9 major in each mag. I actually prefer to use the MBX mags over my STI mags due to the fact that I can load my rounds long. Currently I load my rounds to 1.170 which causes them to drag in my sti mags with spacers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am running MBX and have since they came out. I still use one 170 that has the old spring and follower and I have one that has the new setup. They both run great with 30 in the tube. No spacers needed but I only load to 1.160 since my 140's are still STI mags with spacers. FWIW, I also run the MBX 140's in Limited and have zero issues..

Having to buy new guts, after buying new complete mag kinda sucks though.

anyone running 9 major 30mm oal with no mods? if modded, then what?

Also, 10mm, anyone tried it? I have a perfect 10mm from STI that I dont use enough seeing as well.. sti 10mm mags are well just sad.