Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Numbering Magazines

hlpressley

I considered that option but I hate to spend $18 to have a magazine numbered. I have no issue with the factory MG base pads so I see no added benefit to the SP base pads outside of having them numbered. Am I missing something?

nail polish?

^This. I use dots or lines and put them on the base pad and all four sides of the magazine closest to the base pad. In my experience, that location shows the least amount of rub. They are also color coded. A combination of color and dot/lines helps me differentiate with their purpose and age.

Get a cheap Dremel Engraver tool from a local hardware store. Use that to engrave numbering on each magazine.

I engrave a small number on each magazine tube, follower, and base pad so that I know which components belong to which magazine. Doing this helps me isolate and fix bad magazines or mag components effectively because I know exactly which magazine they are associated with.

Get a silver, or whatever color you want, paint pen from your local hobby store. Very durable and you can change it if you want to. The paint goes on even and thick.

Just my .02

Edited by corny