Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What tactical light for glock 35?

Utah Shooter

I was at a Robert Vogel class and he got a light on his 34 and he seemed to use the light as a weak hand thumb rest, is the light legal to use in idpa or production?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Light is not legal for USPSA Production.

And IIRC, his light is not functional and is filled with lead, for weight.

Did a quick search and am not finding anything. Someone have some input on what to get?I was hoping around 40 bucks!

TLR-1s can be had for around $100.

I like the old Glock lights from the factory, they're cheap, and they work for me.

I would also vote for the streamlight, i have broken countless SF 300's and Wiley X lights on my work gun, the mounting points seem to snap every few hundred-thousand rounds. Usually it is just the spring loaded plate or the locking bar so you can replace it with a parts kit, but i have had the set screws sheer off at the body several times. Both are good lights when they work but if you shoot a LOT you will get used to them snapping and flying off as you are shooting.

I have been running the Insight M3's for 20 years. The mount is bullet proof, toggle switch, but only about 90 lumens, cost about $100.

Looked at a few places online and they all say discontinued.

Get the TLR-1 HL. 500+ lumens. Much brighter than the Regular TLR.

If you plan to use your pistol inside a house, 500 lumens is WAY overkill, and back splash of light on light walls will blind you also.

500 lumen is safe for while walls.

You need to get beyond 1,000 to blind yourself.

Source: John Chappy Chapman

Get the TLR-1 HL. 500+ lumens. Much brighter than the Regular TLR.

If you plan to use your pistol inside a house, 500 lumens is WAY overkill, and back splash of light on light walls will blind you also.

I use my light inside houses on an almost daily basis for work. No blindness issues.

• 4 years later...
On 6/14/2015 at 8:24 AM, sheepdog566 said:

Best tac light for the money is the streamlight tlr-1. 100 bucks would be a good buy for a new unit. Might be able to find a used one cheaper.

HiLight fits Glock 19 Gen4. It actually just slides and locks, and I installed it in 3 seconds. It should be 500 lumens, much brighter than I expected, and very cheap.