Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-75 CTS LP P

DocMedic

Didn't take much for Stuart to push me over the edge on one. 8-10 weeks I should have my very first CZ-75 CTS LS P. with red CZC grips.

No one tell D_striker, specially all the Sh*T I gave him about his new CZC Shadow this past Wednesday :P. Its really his fault why I want one lol.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha! This is worse than black rifle disease. I'm an addict. Make it stop.

Time to go sell blood and other guns to fund the CZ's that I can't afford.

I should get a discount on my next CZ. Richard C. just ordered one too after dryfiring the gun Stuart did for me.

Edited by d_striker

You guys are funny...Eric ( our lead gunsmith ) and his guys do some great work on making these guns the best.

Don't say that, I'm having a hard time resisting the temptation to order on

When I get my grubby little hands on it, I'll try to do the best review I can. I know a lot of people would be on the fence specially when the base (heh..) Accu shadow starts at the same price range.

Edited by DocMedic

I ordered one from Oak Hill Guns. It's the same set up minus short reset, aluminum grips and FO front sight. I'm going to install the short reset myself and swap the grips and sights with some I already have lying around. Just got shipping confirmation today should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Can't wait...

Buck are you coming out to Statesville this weekend, and if so are you brining your new toy? I'm interested to get my hands on one of these and see the difference.

CZ LSP arrived today! Initial impressions: Great trigger, of course this is to be expected from CZ Custom. The balance feels nice, not nearly as front heavy as the Shadow. The fit and finish is excellent, the lock up is nice and tight. Needs a new front sight (thinner, taller and FO) and grips (came with plastic installed). Also going to install the short reset disco from CGW. Hoping to get a practice session in Sunday. I'll have a range report afterwards.

CZ%20LSP.jpg

Edited by W_Buck

CZ LSP arrived today! Initial impressions: Great trigger, of course this is to be expected from CZ Custom. The balance feels nice, not nearly as front heavy as the Shadow. The fit and finish is excellent, the lock up is nice and tight. Needs a new front sight (thinner, taller and FO) and grips (came with plastic installed). Also going to install the short reset disco from CGW. Hoping to get a practice session in Sunday. I'll have a range report afterwards.

CZ%20LSP.jpg

I'm very interested in hearing your opinion after a range session. I've been thinking of picking one up.

I love my home brewed CTS Longslide. It has a 5.3" barrel and it fits in the IDPA box with the 16 round mags with rubber basepads. I highly recommend getting the adjustable rear sight and a 10 lb recoil spring. I will see if it will fit in the box with the SP01 mags next month.

Took the new LSP out for a practice session. Put about 300 rounds through it. All I can say is wow... The gun is a great shooter. The recoil feels much softer than that of my Shadow. Less snappy and more of a push. The sights seemed like they moved around a lot less and recovered quickly. The accuracy is excellent. The balance of the weight seems to allow for quicker transitions.

Took the new LSP out for a practice session. Put about 300 rounds through it. All I can say is wow... The gun is a great shooter. The recoil feels much softer than that of my Shadow. Less snappy and more of a push. The sights seemed like they moved around a lot less and recovered quickly. The accuracy is excellent. The balance of the weight seems to allow for quicker transitions.

When you get bored of it let me know. Not that I can shoot any longer with an infant around the house. :)

Thats the impression another shooting was telling me about. He felt the recoil was softer and recovered more quickly.

Thats the impression another shooting was telling me about. He felt the recoil was softer and recovered more quickly.

It's definitely noticeable. My buddy who was shooting his Shadow yesterday said the same thing after he shot the LSP. Kind of surprising since the LSP's slide is heaver than the Shadow's slide.

W_BUCK it's actually be more surprising if the same bullet would cause more recoil on the LSP. Same logic feeding your shooting ammo into a 3 inch gun, it's going to recoil much higher. More energy is needed to move a heavier object. Newton's second law I believe.

W_BUCK it's actually be more surprising if the same bullet would cause more recoil on the LSP. Same logic feeding your shooting ammo into a 3 inch gun, it's going to recoil much higher. More energy is needed to move a heavier object. Newton's second law I believe.

That makes sense. I was thinking that more reciprocating mass (heavier slide) might increase the felt recoil. Either way this pistol is great, and I suspect that you will be very pleased with your choice to get one.