CZ-75 CTS LP P

DocMedic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This reveals a lot of ignorance, but that is reality.

Anyway, would like to have a relatively inexpensive back up for my CTS, something more off the shelf and mass market priced. Would need something that had the same grip dimensions (feel) and that would work with the same holster. The gun would be used to take the brunt of reload practice and as a match back up.

Is there a CZ 75 model that would work?

85c

This reveals a lot of ignorance, but that is reality.

Anyway, would like to have a relatively inexpensive back up for my CTS, something more off the shelf and mass market priced. Would need something that had the same grip dimensions (feel) and that would work with the same holster. The gun would be used to take the brunt of reload practice and as a match back up.

Is there a CZ 75 model that would work?

back up to the CTS LS P?? 75 Shadow DA/SA $850

Have been running my gun with an 8.5# spring and have got something like 3000 rounds through it (wild guess), had been doing just the very basic top end clean and lube.

Started getting the very occasional light strike (Federal primers) and magazines would not drop free at a match last week. Cleaning gunk out of the firing pin channel (there definitely was some gunk in there) seemed to fix the light strikes, there was also gunk on the frame and cleaning this out seemed to fix the magazine drop issue.

While I was fiddling a couple questions came up.

The extractor retaining pin appears to have been vigorously staked in, so I did not clean the extractor area yet. Not sure if I should buy a new pin and re-stake or just drive the pin out, clean, put it back together, not worry about it ?

With this gun clean as a whistle, and the top end removed, empty magazines will not drop free. I tried several mags and a couple or three different versions of the mags and they all acted the same. With the slide lock installed, spring pressure between the slide lock and follower is sufficient to move the magazines enough to allow them to overcome a bind when fully inserted and then they drop free. Running the same checks with my SP01, there is no bind when the magazines are fully inserted and they always drop free. Both guns work when fully assembled, but I suspect that the SP01 is "right" and the bind on my CTS is "wrong" and that my mags would drop faster & my gun would be less sensitive to gunk if the mags had sufficient freedom to gravity drop. My guess is that Mr.Dremel could remove just a smidge of metal from the front of the sear cage just below the ejector and that would stop the mags from binding and improve reliability and speed of mags dropping. Figured I would poll for thoughts before grinding however.

Last thing. I did not pull the hammer & sear cage & thoroughly clean that area. I am wondering how often that is necessary?

Any thought appreciated as always.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

I just recently discovered this model on the CzC website and I have decided that I now need one.

Stuart, can you comment on the ability to change the color of the grips on a gun ordered from the custom shop? I want the same style of grip but in the bronze color and not black. Thoughts?

I just recently discovered this model on the CzC website and I have decided that I now need one.

Stuart, can you comment on the ability to change the color of the grips on a gun ordered from the custom shop? I want the same style of grip but in the bronze color and not black. Thoughts?

No problem. Email or PM me. I am at match this weekend, but can take care of it all on Monday.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried cutting the bottom off a cz 75 holster to allow the linger slide to fit? I'd like to be able to use the same holster for my s2 shadow and lsp

If you are talking blade tech, the holster sold for the cz 85 already has the bottom cut off (I think it is sold for the compact with the bottom wrapped around so they get a two fer). This holster works well for both the cz 85 and the lsp.

The blade tech holster sold for the lsp works well for the 85 and is not quite as long as it should be for the lsp :blink: , it works for the lsp tolerably but the end of the slide stops it about 1/4" before it should (if you press down when you draw the gun moves enough in the holster so that you actually roll the hammer back to the first notch). Keep thinking about putting the hack saw to it but it does work so I probably will not fiddle with it till winter.

Comp-tac makes a multi cz holster with a removable stop piece , or they did for a while, mine did not fit the lsp well and they told me the did not know how to make it work (did give me the option of a full refund so all is good), I think it was one of those bright ideas that did not play out well given production tolerances & etc.

If I was starting from scratch, I would give Kingman a call.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

All you have to do for your bladetech holster is take a heat gun to it and it should bend to where it needs to be. I'm just wondering if I open the bottom of the holster up will the front sight catch when drawing

All you have to do for your bladetech holster is take a heat gun to it and it should bend to where it needs to be. I'm just wondering if I open the bottom of the holster up will the front sight catch when drawing

It would be quite a bit of bending on the cts holster, the material is pretty much bent at a 90 all around but just too short by about 1/4" or so, I don't think I could take the 90 out without the end result looking pretty hinky.

The front sight can not be made to catch on the cts when used on the cz 85 holster.

I got a Red Hill Tactical from Kingman... Could not be happier ... Great holster and great customer service... Thanks Kingman

Ditto this. I've got two LS-P holsters from Red Hill, they're good stuff.

• 1 month later...

Interesting problem, the last two times I've gone to the range my back up CTS has locked up on me. The slide gets a rough spot about 1" forward of the back on the left side.

Best guess is that there is a sharp edge to the channel where the slide mates to the frame, a sliver of metal gets loose and that mars the slide. Fix last time was just a slight bit of filing on the rough spot & I suspect that will work again this time, the marred spot is not the exact same location as last time but close.