CZ-75 CTS LP P

DocMedic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure how we ended up with sort of parallel threads (and why this one got named CZ 75 LP P instead of LS). Anyway a tidbit on holsters copied over from the LS versus SP01 thread.

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 AM

IHAVEGAS, on 23 Aug 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:snapback.png

eerw, on 23 Aug 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:snapback.png

http://czcustom.com/...cz7585sp01.aspx

We have this comp-tac . Works for the long slide

Oh, they changed it.

The one on my desk just has CZ SP-01 on the side and is shorter. Yours has something like CZ 75 /853/S/P01 on the side (from memory too many digits).

I'm guessing that there is probably a lot of old stock out there as mine was just purchased in the last few months.

They we just received from them last month . after a visit to the shop.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

The Red Hill Tactical mentioned in that thread is what I am thinking at this point. If it is secure in the comp-tac option it looks good as well.

Hmm, anybody know for sure the right Blade tech model number specs to get the right Blade tech ?

Haven't made up my mind yet, if I see anybody run a labor day weekend x% off thing that might do it though.

They must be some kinda fat...

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!!! :surprise:.

LOL, so you know when you create a topic, you can't edit the title post after 3 days :P yes it did take me that long to notice it! Right now I'm still in the middle of my 3gun season so I haven't been able to play with my LS-P seriously. After this week I'll have a month between matches so I might try to make a local USPSA match and try it out.

I'm using a Bladetech CZ-75 Tactical sport, OWB holster. Fits the LS-P like a glove, originally I thought I would need to use a heat gun on the bottom end of the holster, but once you loosen the 2 retention screws a little the pistol just slides right in without any issues.

Edited by DocMedic

Hmmm, this means the LS would be idpa legal is esp ??

Submitted By

Jim Griffiths on 7/9/2015 at 3:57 PM

Question is Related To

Equipment Rules

Specific Rule (Section

Question About Current Rule

Can a competitor build a "hybrid" gun from two legal pistols that creates a combination of features not available from the factory? Example: Slide taken from an S&W M&P Compact mated to a full-size M&P frame to create a gun optimized for CCD division.

IDPA Response

Yes, as long as the resultant combined gun meets all ESP rules.

Hide

I would to love to see PROOF that the LS-P isn't allowed in SSP. Everything has been Hearsay so far.

Me too, not optomistic but would like to know for sure.

Thinking about it, the TS is not esp legal so I'm not sure the ruling posted above would be relevant to an LS. I'm still hoping that the gun is at least esp legal though.

Hmmm, this means the LS would be idpa legal is esp ??

Submitted By

Jim Griffiths on 7/9/2015 at 3:57 PM

Question is Related To

Equipment Rules

Specific Rule (Section

Question About Current Rule

Can a competitor build a "hybrid" gun from two legal pistols that creates a combination of features not available from the factory? Example: Slide taken from an S&W M&P Compact mated to a full-size M&P frame to create a gun optimized for CCD division.

IDPA Response

Yes, as long as the resultant combined gun meets all ESP rules.

Hide

Then when they see it has a bushing they'll ban them the day before a major match

Considering that the CTS-LP is made by the CZ Custom Shop and not CZ directly, that is one reason that it is not allowed for SSP.

The other, is that it was technically released in 2012 then discontinued. The minimum is 2,000 units per year and a minimum of 20,000 units sold before production was discontinued. That is another reason why it is not allowed in SSP.

As long as you don't use it on an SP01 frame, you can use it in ESP. You might as well run a SA trigger on it.

This doesn't mean you can't use it in a local match though.

Edited by himurax13

Just to keep this all in one thread for the Shadow CTS LS-P I picked this up this past week:

20150830_173158492_iOS_zpslriy5fon.jpg
20150830_173036966_iOS_zps0ocpqksb.jpg
20150830_172938138_iOS_zpsfv4ir4tb.jpg
Picked this up from Oak Hills after Quack kept pushing! Unlike other basic ones it has the Fiber Front, Steal Guide Rod, Aluminum Grips, trigger listed as 3 Lb SA 7 3/4Lbs DA. It was not listed as a the SRT but it has no pre-travel after reset, and a very short reset.. so I have no idea if it doesn't have it how it could be better with it.
I picked up the holster from Kingman/Red Hill Tactical and so far I really like it. I did not get a hanger yet.. not sure about that yet so sticking with the tek-lok for now.
Oh and here is the test target:
20150830_175019161_iOS_zps2o26lpos.jpg

Just to keep this all in one thread for the Shadow CTS LS-P I picked this up this past week:

20150830_173158492_iOS_zpslriy5fon.jpg

20150830_173036966_iOS_zps0ocpqksb.jpg

20150830_172938138_iOS_zpsfv4ir4tb.jpg

Picked this up from Oak Hills after Quack kept pushing! Unlike other basic ones it has the Fiber Front, Steal Guide Rod, Aluminum Grips, trigger listed as 3 Lb SA 7 3/4Lbs DA. It was not listed as a the SRT but it has no pre-travel after reset, and a very short reset.. so I have no idea if it doesn't have it how it could be better with it.

I picked up the holster from Kingman/Red Hill Tactical and so far I really like it. I did not get a hanger yet.. not sure about that yet so sticking with the tek-lok for now.

Oh and here is the test target:

20150830_175019161_iOS_zps2o26lpos.jpg

Obviously the test shooter needs to work on trigger control, he's pulling some shots left ;)

It was not listed as a the SRT but it has no pre-travel after reset, and a very short reset.. so I have no idea if it doesn't have it how it could be better with it.

Mine had a very long of pre-travel until I changed disconnectors. With the CZ pre B disconnector installed it is typical 1911 ish, not zero but happy happy. Seems like yours has to have been modified one way or another.

I finally got my holster from Long's Shadow so I did some proper dry fire with it.

I didn't notice too much of a difference in reload speed. My reloads are 1.3~1.5 anyway so I'm not the best to see if it slowed down.

I do seem to hit targets a little better with it vs my CZC SP01 Shadow custom 2014. I'm not sure if it's the half inch more sight radius or if it's the srt trigger. My shadow only has the pre-b disconnecter.

Here's a pic!post-56465-144134090858_thumb.jpg

Is the grip size of CTS the same size as a SP01 shadow?

More or less. It doesn't have the built in back strap checkering. Also no mag flare.

To my hand they feel very different, could be just one of those weird me things though.