Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 Gun Gear from Shot Show

alma

See anything new and interesting for 3 Gun or USPSA while at the Shot Show or while desperately trolling the Internet for Shot Show information?

Please post here.

I saw Steoger has a new 3 Gun ready (minus the tube) shotgun and Vortex has a new 1-6x. What else should we be noticing?

Update on the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6; Speaking with Vortex tech who has looked thru the new strike Eagle 1-6. According to him it has a wider field of view than the 1-4, but does have some distortion around the edges due to the higher magnification. He also did say that the scope does lose its day light illumination in bright sun. It will have there full life time warranty like all there scopes. I've personally have not had the opportunity to looked thru a Vortex 1-4 outside in bright sun. I'm not sure if this would be a negative aspect of buying the lower line of Vortex "?" or would you say normal.

My vortex PST 1-4 recticle was not daylight bright. So I figured I would sell it and give the strike eagle a try. Camerland has them available for preorder and the list is pretty short compared to others. I called dsg arms last week and they had over 42 people already on the list. With a law enforcement discount this scopes price is phenomenal for a scope with a lifetime warranty.

This looks awesome but cant find the price.

Vortex Optics SHOT Show 2015

Has anyone had a chance to look through one yet? How is the clarity and eyebox?

I did make sure to look through this scope and for the money it's going to be hard to beat. Eyebox and FOV seemed pretty good for a scope that's not too much more than a Millett DMS. Illumination was plenty bright indoors, but not sure what it'll do outdoors. Glass clarity was good and I think the reticle is usable although not my favorite. They should sell a pile of them though!

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/vx-6-riflescopes/vx-6-1-6x24mm-30mm-multigun-cds/

Saw this at SHOT..... looks like Leupold listened when we said we wanted a different reticle than the SPR in the VX-6 1-6 Multigun scope....

This is what I will be getting to replace my VX-R Patrol I have for sale.....

Any new 1-8 scopes?

Schmidt and bender had a new short dot 1-8 with a mil dot reticle. Unfortunately it has turrets and narrower FOV then the Swaro. So not something I'm gonna buy just yet.

AP Customs Aaron Parmenter has some very nice 3 gun rifles on deck!

AP Rhino is making a big push in the 3-gun market and beyond. A bunch of new guns and new shooters working with them including Pat Kelley, Keith Garcia, Rick Birdsall, and myself. They already have a high end rifle with billet receivers, low mass internals, 1/2 MOA guarateed barrel, match grade trigger in both .223 and .308. They will also be releasing a high feature low price point rifle to compete with the entry level 3G rifle I used to shoot. I'm pretty excited about this company simce its roots are planted firmly in the shooting sports market. Edited by Jesse Tischauser