Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: Has anyone seen the classic version yet? Looks like it would be great for single stack if it makes the weight. Thanks, Eric

They show it fitting in the box, it should make weight too.

0644a24dca5445500da354bf9fe8c2d8.jpg

had to email sti today if they could fix my dvc limited on the issues on the ambi safety,it is not blended on the frame and beavertail that causes me much pain and cuts the web of my hand, Ive' seen one last weekend on a match and his dvc safety to the frame was really smooth.

had to email sti today if they could fix my dvc limited on the issues on the ambi safety,it is not blended on the frame and beavertail that causes me much pain and cuts the web of my hand, Ive' seen one last weekend on a match and his dvc safety to the frame was really smooth.

do you have any pics of it to show where it isn't blended well?

do you have any pics of it to show where it isn't blended well?

12787166_10207913137682865_778861404_o.j

update, my dvc is only like 3mos since i purchased it, I emailed them and sent me a shipping label, plus i called them, they are really nice told them about the issue and they want me to send it back to them and they will fix that issue. i like their customer service..

I got a email last week saying it will be 7 to 8 months before my open gun will be done. Said they are still filling last springs orders. I ordered mine in November. I am not bitching just wanted to give you guys update on your wait times. I went ahead and got a matchmaster to hold me over until I get my DVC, and it was here within a week after I ordered it.

I got a email last week saying it will be 7 to 8 months before my open gun will be done. Said they are still filling last springs orders. I ordered mine in November. I am not bitching just wanted to give you guys update on your wait times. I went ahead and got a matchmaster to hold me over until I get my DVC, and it was here within a week after I ordered it.

mine is a warranty repair, i will be shipping it today,

Just arrived from Atlas Gunworks

25011989450_d01e501b0d_h.jpg

Stock or Atlas Tuned?

Very nice selection.

Enjoy.

Myron

Atlas tuned and trigger. Very happy with the result. 10 pull average was 1lb 13oz with the EGW lightened hammer and sear.

Very impressive.

Looking forward to hearing about your range time.

I still don't get why people are paying custom gun prices and waiting months for these DVC guns. All of them that I have handled feel like "Parts Bin" assembled guns that all needed parts swapped to make them truly competition ready. Three of them had machining quality issues on the breach face that put marks on every piece of brass fired through the gun. The few that I have had the opportunity to take apart had barrel links with the slide stop hole hogged out so big that the slide stop was not properly retained on the lower lugs. This resulted in premature lug wear on the slide because of the unlocking timing issue the Jerry rigged barrel link caused.

If you are paying almost $3K for a 2011 and waiting months to get it, why wouldn't you get a custom gun built properly from the ground up exactly how you want it?

Yup, anybody that's "waiting" is choosing to do so... Oh and "street" is closer to $2500 than 3K ;)

To me the only real choice is DVC or one of the CK's. The "production" CK's don't have quite the "Bling" factor but look to have all the good stuff out of the box.

Question for the OP - did the "tune" remove the TI coating from the feed ramp or locking lugs? I'd like to see more pictures with the gun open. :D

Edited by Chutist

We can Tune a DVC to be a really nice gun. The reason to buy one is that you don't have to wait three to four months for a hand build custom gun.

We do take the coating off the feed ramp. Most of the time we don't have to remove any coating on the lugs.