Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

Got to handle a friends DVC Ltd 9mm yesterday as mine is still being delivered. First impression disappointing as the gun was turned about 60 degree and partially pulled back the slide for a safety check and the slide stop dropped to the floor! Obviously a VERY loose fit. Hopefully the rest of the parts are a better fit.

From there I was generally impressed - it seemed much lighter than my Trojan, sights impressive and my layman impression of the slide fit was nice and tight ( the gun has about 300 rounds thru it ).

The safety was to small for me so I will need to replace . Otherwise cant wait to get mine.

Did you check to see if the detent pin for the slide stop was stuck in the grip?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Got to handle a friends DVC Ltd 9mm yesterday as mine is still being delivered. First impression disappointing as the gun was turned about 60 degree and partially pulled back the slide for a safety check and the slide stop dropped to the floor! Obviously a VERY loose fit. Hopefully the rest of the parts are a better fit.

From there I was generally impressed - it seemed much lighter than my Trojan, sights impressive and my layman impression of the slide fit was nice and tight ( the gun has about 300 rounds thru it ).

The safety was to small for me so I will need to replace . Otherwise cant wait to get mine.

The one complaint I have about my 38 Sup one is that the it is too tight. The barrel hood to frame was a bit tight when I got It but after a few rounds it has loosen up a bit. I have no complaints now that is all dialed in and got the magazines tuned.

My local guntry club has a DVC Limited (.40 if my memory's correct) on the shelf, sitting next to a Trubor (9mm) and Steelmaster. I've been drooling over this trifecta for a month now, but if someone here can provide them a good home I figure they'd be better off being actually shot, not just sitting pretty.

Centennial Gun Club

(303) 789-2582

If you can, please mention you were referred by Whitaker Behrens. They know me.

My local guntry club has a DVC Limited (.40 if my memory's correct) on the shelf, sitting next to a Trubor (9mm) and Steelmaster. I've been drooling over this trifecta for a month now, but if someone here can provide them a good home I figure they'd be better off being actually shot, not just sitting pretty.

Centennial Gun Club

(303) 789-2582

If you can, please mention you were referred by Whitaker Behrens. They know me.

Happen to remember the price?

Not off the top of my head, no. I'll be going there to shoot sometime in the next few days, I'll take a look while I'm there and post when I know.

ETA: If you give them a call they'd be happy to disclose the price as well as any other details anyone would be interested in.

Edited by Rudukai13

• 4 weeks later...

Does the 3 gun look like a 5.4" barrel or am i just used to the FLDC on my limited and it's an optical illusion?

I'm curious what the classic will cost. Right now they have the Trojan at about 1200 and the Sentinel Premier at about 17-1800 if I remember right.