Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armalite 3 Man 3 Gun Championship (formerly Colt Match)

do we need any slugs or buck?

Dean's recommended ammo count was 175 each, rifle, pistol and shot, plus 10 slugs.

Per team or shooter ... Would guess team

Per person, as far as I understand things.

Good to know I was not alone on this, we were confused about this, our team interpreted it two different ways but we decided in the end we were bringing 175 pistol, 175 rifle and 175 shot and 10 slugs per shooter. Unlike other matches were they post the minimums round count based on number of targets we assumed this was more like a maximum round count and we could share if one of us ran out. I can see doing 175 pistol and 175 rifle but that's a lot of shot. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Edited by Quag

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our most important component is ready................TEAM SHIRTS!!!

Looking forward to the match.

Not the 11 hour drive around the lake to pick up our American gear.

They make these things that float and have motors on the back. Not quite as fast as a motor carriage, but you can go across the lake in it.

:) It will be good to see you guys again!

The suggested ammo count is on page 3 of this thread. I believe the 175 number is derived from one shooter of the team shooting as much of one gun as possible.

Thanks Dan see you there

Round count per person......we need all the help we can get so bring 175 rounds per team! This will help out standings for sure! Bwah ha ha.

Look at it this was: 175/3 shooters is 58.3 rounds per shooter. That leaves 58.3/8 stages so you only will have 7.28 rounds to shoot per stage.

Round count is per person. Bring extra!

They make these things that float and have motors on the back. Not quite as fast as a motor carriage, but you can go across the lake in it.

:) It will be good to see you guys again!

Well we need to stop in Michigan on our way to Topton. It is that or we will be trying to shoot the match with 5 round rifle mags and 10 round pistol mags. Considering our shooting skills are already a handicap it will require that we pick up our full capacity magazines from our storage locker.

We really need a storage place at multiple locations in the USA!! LOL

We really need a storage place at multiple locations in the USA!! LOL

Huh. The way Maryland's gun laws have gone lately, I was about to ask if I could store some stuff up North with you! :surprise:

Someone should come up with a competition gear rental service for hi-cap mags, uppers, and other prohibited gear (in states where they are legal). A big box of Magpul mags would pay for itself in one rental. Someone run with this...

Round count per person......we need all the help we can get so bring 175 rounds per team! This will help out standings for sure! Bwah ha ha.

Look at it this was: 175/3 shooters is 58.3 rounds per shooter. That leaves 58.3/8 stages so you only will have 7.28 rounds to shoot per stage.

Round count is per person. Bring extra!

The listed round count is per team, not per person.

Dean said 175 pistol +175 rifle +175 shot +10 slugs. That equals 535 rounds for the team, divided by 8 stages equals 66.8 rounds per stage.

That said, since you can not be sure who will be shooting what on each state we always bring the max round count, per person. Better to finish the day with lots of left over ammo, than to be scrambling at the end.

I would recommended each person have 150 rounds of shot pistol and rifle. Each person will have to make two slug shots at about eighty yards so ten should do it. That will be plenty of ammo but it is hard to tell people what to bring since it depends on what gun you shoot on what stage.

I don't see my name on squad list, but my check was cashed, and my plane was booked in Feb. Looking forward to Team Bowser, Daku, Torres-Reyes!

Laura Torres-Reyes

Are you volunteering for our squad, Dave? :roflol:

I meant to say for the long range stage.

Because of the sun in the morning the targets are easy to see. Later, after being shot they completely disappear in the shadows.

Someone should come up with a competition gear rental service for hi-cap mags, uppers, and other prohibited gear (in states where they are legal). A big box of Magpul mags would pay for itself in one rental. Someone run with this...

If you drive to a match you obviously can carry your own ammo. I'm wondering what the big time shooters do that fly to 3 gun matches. You cannot carry that much ammo on a plane. Do they ship it? if so where, the laws and costs for shipping must be up there. Maybe they buy it at the match.

Quag, I fly to a few matches. The easiest thing is to ship your ammo, either to the hotel you're staying at (put "c/o your name - guest arriving on such & such date" on the shipping label) or the range itself, if they allow it. Many do. Pro tip: Have a friend who lives in the area of the match stockpile leftover ammo for future matches! ?