Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Quest for the Sub 3 El Prez

Jake Di Vita

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to worry. Jake is not only getting to 3:00 seconds, he is getting more hits than when he started this quest. Didn't we put up money for this in another thread somewhere? I think it's just about time to pay up. Way to go Jake! :D

Damn fast. The question is WHEN (not IF) Jake breaks the 3 seconds line, can we then take El-Prez out of the book? That classifier has stoped being meaningfull a long time ago simply because its curve does not match the actual performance of shooters or the curves of other classifiers.

No....We should keep it as an incentive and be able to tell new shooters, "Why I remember back in 2006 when Jake DiVita broke 3 seconds shooting the El-Prez...."

I wonder if there might be some negative side effects from this "quest". Sauls new book warns about the effects of practicing bad habits...mainly not getting good hits on targets. His point being that if you allow your subconscious to accept any hit...thats what it will eventually provide....any hit rather than A-zone hits.

While Steve/Jake are accepting any hit on the target...I wonder if this "acceptance" of non A-Zone hits will eventually cross over into their everyday shooting. According to Saul...it does.

This has been discussed and responded to earlier in this thread. He's only trying to hit the targets in under 3 seconds. After that he'll work on the hits. I think Jake is pretty much in control of what "Bleeds" over into his match shooting.

I think if *I* tried to do what Jake is doing, I could trap myself into "blasting at brown." Based on Jake's level of control, I think he went beyond that long ago.

What I find particularly ironic is that the biggest skeptic in all this will soon be selling a pile of "Da Vita Heaters." :lol::ph34r:

Jake, I'm the last one in the world who wants to rain on a smokin run such as that one BUT.............

The 99-11 El Presidente stage procedure states:

"Standing in Box A, back to targets, toes of both feet against rear of fault line of Box A, both wrists above respective shoulders. Handgun is loaded and holstered as per ready condition in

rule 8.1.1 and 8.1.2."

If I were R.O.ing that run I would make you raise those wrists a little. ;)

MAN that's fast!!!!!

i shot the steel challenge for 17 years-jake's wrists are high enuf...

In an effort to get Jake to relax a bit, I asked him to shoot one with Alphas. From the hits he got on that run, it was probably 10 Alpha, 2 Charlie....in 3.24 :)

That's still about a 143.2011% classifier.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

We are not Accepting hits like that in practice we still practice for all alphas!!! I can't see any ill side effects coming from this actually the contrarry i've seen his splits and transitions get to the incredible level they have since he started this quest.

I'm no GM but i ran it cold in 5.31 with all my hits. not sure if i have video or not maybe jake has some on the camera? I think if i work hard on it i could do it in 4 with a production gun.

Hey thanks for all the kind words guys.

As soon as I get some extra cash, I'm gonna load a ton of rounds and make the final run for it.

Ron,

I am absolutely cool with that. ;)

Maybe Jake can accept cash donations on his pay pal account for the big event

Hey Guys,

That is some really fast shooting! Back in my day we had 6 shooters and never even thought shooting would be done that fast!

The only thing I am concerned with is...

After watching the video of Mr. Jacob shooting Steel, I wonder if he is truly hitting the targets. I watched the video closely and noticed he had 4 A's, 2 C's, 2 B's, 2 D's and 2 misses. That is giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the steel.

I am new to the hit factor thing but I think his factor is about a 6.62. If he would have just shot a 4 flat with all A's (ON PAPER) he would have had a 15 hit factor! So in reality his shooting is only 44% of the 4 flat.

I think if Jacob gets into PPC he can really work on his accuracy and get the 3 sec with all A's ON PAPER! I am a believer Jacob, don't listen to the nay sayers!!!!

Lay the pipe!

BD

As I have said before, the ignore feature is the best thing that has happened to this forum. :)

Jake, that is some spectacular shooting! I know you will do it, and you are only .03 sec and 1 hit from doing so. Looking at it from that perspective, that is not that much ground to gain to make your goal.