Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Torn between moon clip racks

Kahai808

I am at a lost right now. I have only messed with my buddies moon clip server. i've been looking at the Johnson Moon Clip Rack, Speed-E-Rack and NM. Cant decide what route i want to do. Moon Clip Server seems like a great idea until you run into having all your ammo on the table type of start which makes one of the Post Racks ideal. But how often do i run into that situation? Not often. I'll be shooting this in USPSA. Any advice?

I am at a lost right now. I have only messed with my buddies moon clip server. i've been looking at the Johnson Moon Clip Rack, Speed-E-Rack and NM. Cant decide what route i want to do. Moon Clip Server seems like a great idea until you run into having all your ammo on the table type of start which makes one of the Post Racks ideal. But how often do i run into that situation? Not often. I'll be shooting this in USPSA. Any advice?

That's exactly why I switched to the North Mountain post holders, It's simplicity of design is what makes it the best and most effective, Easy to load, easy to unload. The spring ones are a good conversation starter, but take significantly longer to load up, and when your on the clock , forget about it.

Even though you may not do a table start every match, when you do run in to one, it can make the difference between winning and losing.

That's exactly why I switched to the North Mountain post holders, It's simplicity of design is what makes it the best and most effective, Easy to load, easy to unload. The spring ones are a good conversation starter, but take significantly longer to load up, and when your on the clock , forget about it.

Even though you may not do a table start every match, when you do run in to one, it can make the difference between winning and losing.

Thank! Have you tried the Johnson Moon Clip Rack or the Speed-E-Rack?

Thank! Have you tried the Johnson Moon Clip Rack or the Speed-E-Rack?

I havent tried them personally, I did try the austin moonclip server though.

I just got my NM rack after going through the same decision process. Haven't shot a match yet but have been practicing reloads and i really like how quick and and easy I can get a moon off the post. I got the standoffs and loading the rack from a table is really quick as well!

Jeremy

Having tried most of the available options at some point along the way, I'm still a big believer in the original North Mountain product.

I don't think there is anything quicker or more secure, and the NM is virtually immune to disasters.

have been practicing reloads and i really like how quick and and easy I can get a moon off the post.

Yes--and despite how quick and easy the moons pop into your hand, it's almost impossible to lose moons from the NM holder.

Disagree Mike it still happens!!! Have had extra Moon Clips come off several times, but it's always due to the way I grab, not inadvertent motion.

I have a Speed e Rack and it's good, watched Rich Wolfe and his magnetic version and it's slick. But the NM is more secure, with a spacer to hold off the post slightly it's easier to load from a table and the best is they can work with multiple Moon Clip sizes. Still using the one I had used with my 6 shooters in 625/45 acp/gap, 29/44 russian and now 627/38 short colt 8 shots.

I also did extensive testing on the speed differences and found no discernible difference in times.

Another plus is all of your moon clips are kept in a shorter space on the belt. Down side is hangs down below the belt.

Vote for the NM.

I have been very pleased with the North Mountain Clip Holder, I use the double four plus a single on the left side, when shooting the 625 I have Sixty rounds available, with the 627 or 929 I have Eighty rounds, on the rare occasion I drop one, I go for the next one they are tough, reliable and simple; what more could you ask for?

I've used NM for a while. Bob is a great guy and builds a great product. I have also purchased a speed-e-rack to give them a try. I suspect it will preform equally as well. The moon server looks pretty good but unloaded starts would require an additional style of moon holder.

I've used NM for a while. Bob is a great guy and builds a great product. I have also purchased a speed-e-rack to give them a try. I suspect it will preform equally as well. The moon server looks pretty good but unloaded starts would require an additional style of moon holder.

I do not think you can buy any of these and hurt your performance

• 2 weeks later...

I've been shooting a speed e rack for 2 years and its great. There is nothing like the feel of the magnets when they pull the moon clips from your hand on a unloaded start. Alex is right most unloaded starts show up in a match that really matters.

NM has great stuff and Bob's the man.