Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Glock Extended Magazines

csailer

I use Arredondo and Taran Tactical, both work well. Arredondo are plastic, have a special tool to squeeze in the tabs to disassemble. TTI are metal, need a small allen wrench to take apart. Otherwise they seem to hold about the same number of rounds and feed without any issues.

Arms Unlimited has a new Extended Magazine Base Pad for Glock. I picked up a couple a few weeks ago and they are solid.. at $19.95 each and free shipping, they are a great deal.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Extended-Glock-17-22-Smith-Wesson-Pistol-Base-Pad-p/fs-mbp.htm

I also have a few of the smaller TTI which are beautiful and would recommend as well.

In my opinion, avoid Arredondo for serious use (bad experience with them). Use TTI (highly recommended) or taylor freelance. I have had excellent results with both and they have held up to serious use. I can't comment on on Dawson, I have had no experience with them, but they are aluminum and have a strong following, so I wouldnt hesitate to try them.

In my opinion nothing will beat TTI. Well constructed and the retention is so simple and fool proof.

I've recently installed TTI's on my 35. They have been awesome so far. 20 rounds reloadable and no problems with feeding. They also seem to hold up well to the abuse of dropping them over and over. I have a dawson magwell on the way and i'm hoping the pin on the back of the basepad won't interfere with the magwell.

I use Arredondo and Taran Tactical, both work well. Arredondo are plastic, have a special tool to squeeze in the tabs to disassemble. TTI are metal, need a small allen wrench to take apart. Otherwise they seem to hold about the same number of rounds and feed without any issues.

No, no need for the wrench. They're designed to be tool-less. The wrench is used only to adjust the tension on the pin. With the right tension, you should just be able to push the pin up and down.

No, no need for the wrench. They're designed to be tool-less. The wrench is used only to adjust the tension on the pin. With the right tension, you should just be able to push the pin up and down.

Good to know, maybe I should start reading instructions even for things that seem simple enough.

Good to know, maybe I should start reading instructions even for things that seem simple enough.

No, that's our fault. We don't include instructions with it, something we're actively working on.

• 3 months later...

I have 12 TTI bases, and they all work perfectly, .223, 9, .40, and .45! I have given 5 as gifts, and the recipients are thrilled to have them. Have yet to get a phone call answered or returned, or an email answered, but nice to know they are here to deal with the customers. I just had to find the right venue.

DP works very well i have 8 of them on my 9mm and 40 S&W mags. You need to do very minor fitting, rounding the edges on the folower for the latest Glock Gen 4 mags but we are talking less than 1 minute each with a small file and 400 grit sand paper.

Also they come with instruction on how to DIY.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Arrendondo base plate for five years with zero problems.

Thanks for your experience. How much hard use have your base pads seen?

In my experience and the shooters I shoot with, the arrendondo basepads just do not hold up. Too many times I have seen a magazine self destruct after being dropped on something hard like stones or concrete. If you only shoot on grass or dirt, I think the arrendondo pads would be fine. It is simply the nature of plastics.

I like the company and several of their products, but their pads could use some improvement for hard use.