Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Star Innovations 9mm 2011

Aggieddad02

I recently received my 9mm 2011 from Glenn at Lone Star Innovations, took it to the range yesterday and I have to say that a 9mm 2011 is pure sweetness. Gun tracks great with very little recoil, I am planning to shoot a few matches in Limited Minor just to see how much fun I can have :)

I picked this gun up on 9/4/14, on 9/5/14 I picked up a Polaris Ranger for deer season, on 9/9/14 I put my wife in the hospital for 10 days so time to get pics and post have been slim. Pictures will be coming because a proud father loves to post pictures of his children, right Trace :), just may be a little while. Trace , I will catch up with you on FB

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT AN AKAI CUSTOM GUN - With that being said, when I started this build I sent some pictures of Shay's guns to Glenn and asked him if he could do something along these lines. What I failed to express to Glenn is that I did not want to copy Shay's work. I take full responsibility of the Akai copy. I have spoken to Shay personally, who is a good friend to myson and myself and he has accepted my apology and for that I am grateful.

Glenn's work is nothing to be taken away from, he is a very meticulous builder and does absolutely great work. To those of us that have been fortunate enough to have a Lone Star Innovation gun I believe you will hear those same remarks

pre_1412896854__photo_1_rev.jpg

And the first 2 mags out of the gun at 13 yards

pre_1412896945__photo_3_rev.jpg

Edited by Aggieddad02

I hear what you are saying and I truly understand and appreciate it. We all have our personal taste and most builders have their signature look. I think Lone Star will come up with their's just like others have. I like being able to look at a pistol and have a general idea of who built it.

English comprehension a problem for you, eh

No, more of a logic comprehension problem.If you liked his guns and are friends with him......why not have him build it?

DISCLAIMER- I'm not from the south. And we're a little slow up here. We'd have a "so called" friend build his own gun, instead of sending a friends gun pictures to another smith.

Edited by jrbet83

Hello: Panel cuts have been around a very long time. To use them on a build if the person likes them is not a problem. Gans comes to mind when I see the cuts or Venry. Others may see other smiths work when they look at it. It is a good looking gun and I am sure it runs great. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Panel cuts have been around a very long time. To use them on a build if the person likes them is not a problem. Gans comes to mind when I see the cuts or Venry. Others may see other smiths work when they look at it. It is a good looking gun and I am sure it runs great. Thanks, Eric

Agreed- other smiths have used cuts like that before the one allegedly copied. Roberto Tagle comes to mind. Both are great smiths. I had someone at a match tell me my old limited gun looked like an Akai, and ask me if my smith copied him- and it was built 14 years ago!

Glenn gives customers what they want. When I initially sent pictures and ideas for my build to Glenn we discussed what I liked and didn't like about other guns I had seen. He suggested we keep the panels away from the locking lugs and I let him handle it from there. I am thrilled with how mine came out.

Lone Star Innovations also does plenty of new, unique projects. Between the super frames, u trac, his new safeties, doing his own rail cuts, etc there are plenty of innovations. If you give him a picture of a slide and say make mine like that, he will. Its not like he engraved Infinity on it or something like that.

Its a beautiful pistol! Enjoy it and don't let anyone tell you should do otherwise!

• 2 weeks later...

That is a beautiful piece of work. I just started talking with Glenn about revamping my old open gun into a 9mm limited build. From my limited conversation with Glenn, I find he is willing to go the extra length to give the customer exactly what they want. Can't wait to get my build started!

As stated earlier, Glenn will build what you want. He builds some great guns and does not try to copy anyone. To all of the bitchers, my question is simple. Did you pay for the gun ? Enough said ! There are a lot of people that build guns out there, but it takes a class act to make it in the custom gun world. Shay is a stand up guy. Glenn is a stand up guy. I could guess that if Glenn had a question about a gun and he called Shay, Shay would be helpful and vice versa with Glenn. I can give a good example for Glenn being a stand up guy. I ended up selling my Lone Star Innovations 40, and Glenn posted the pics for me. That being said, Glenn then posted a pistol for me that he did not build. He did not have to do that. I remember back when I started the grip mods (many years ago ) on the STI and SV grips. I new of only 2 other smiths that offered it on their pistols. Both guys built killer guns, and all I was doing at the time was the grips. One of the guys had a fit when my ad came out showing my grip design, threatened a law suit and the other guy was great with it. A lot of bluffing and no law suit, thousands of grips later, bottom line it is custom work. Know everyone does grips, many have found out that it was not as easy as they thought. No need to get upset, imitation is flattery. Sorry for getting of topic. Enjoy your gun. Tommy Roupe