Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jumping platforms

shooter.860

Ok, Im a open glock shooter who has had good success with it from C-class to A -class but the glock has limitations and I can't shoot doubles as fast as those who shoot a 2011.

This became quite apparent to me at the nationals last weekend, I'm constantly waiting on the dot to settle sense the gun is flexing so much shooting major nine.

So here's my questions I'm planning to jump to a steel gun, should I go with major nine again or 38 super and reasons ?

I'm wanting to stick with major nine because I have a huge amount of supplies.

What would you buy ?

Thanks

Edited by shooter.860

You're already loading 9major so I would stick with that.

I shoot 38SC and it's not easy or cheap to find brass. Reason I keep shooting 38SC is I am able to recover most of my brass at club matches and I don't want the expense of converting my open guns to 9mm.

9MAJOR all the way. Even some who ridiculed it and swore they would rather be caught dead have switched to it. Those that haven't switched just have too much time and money in their dinosaur 38's to make it practical.

9MAJOR all the way. Even some who ridiculed it and swore they would rather be caught dead have switched to it. Those that haven't switched just have too much time and money in their dinosaur 38's to make it practical.

Heyyyy....I resemble that remark!

Anything wrong with buying a ready to go STI off the shelf from shooters connection?

Much better to buy a "ready to go STI" (TruBor) from Brazos - they go over the gun

and make sure it's ready "to go". Get your mags there, too, while you're at it. :cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

Anything wrong with buying a ready to go STI off the shelf from shooters connection?

Much better to buy a "ready to go STI" (TruBor) from Brazos - they go over the gun

and make sure it's ready "to go". Get your mags there, too, while you're at it. :cheers:

Hahahah...

After quite a bit of back and forth, I did exactly that, ordered my first Open gun, a STI Trubore from Brazos.

Did a blog post about it if you're interested.

http://www.recoilsports.com/2014/10/going-open-getting-the-gear/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for advice

Found a lighty used 9mmattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Drool....

How do you like the 90 degree mount? It didn't take me long to develop a disdain for the offset of the factory mount and swapped out out for a 45 degree. The offset is much better, but Lord was it a chore to zero.

My open glock was a 90 mount so it's simple to get used to this one. I'm really struggling with the safety lever because of 8 years of glocks. I superman squeezed the trigger before I remember to take safety off. Talk about muzzle dip ! :-P

My open glock was a 90 mount so it's simple to get used to this one. I'm really struggling with the safety lever because of 8 years of glocks. I superman squeezed the trigger before I remember to take safety off. Talk about muzzle dip ! :-P

Hahah! I'm doing that, too. Any my grip is so high that I often don't get the grip safety to disengage.

Adjust the grip safety so it disengages quicker. I also recently made the switch from open glock to 2011. Finished building my gun Thursday afternoon, shot a match Thursday evening. Love it, held a glock today and it just felt wrong.

Adjust the grip safety so it disengages quicker. I also recently made the switch from open glock to 2011. Finished building my gun Thursday afternoon, shot a match Thursday evening. Love it, held a glock today and it just felt wrong.

Any resources you could steer me to that describes how to adjust the grip safety's timing? I know that I could just eliminate it, but I personally like keeping it as just one more thing to keep me from ventilating my leg.

:)

Having it pointed, hot, near my leg already creeps me out as it is.

Thanks guys!

Did you pick up the Open Gun yet?

I only buy new - Open is picky enough - I would not want to buy someone's elses problems.

I decided upon STI, since my 2nd gun was and STI and ran so well.

They clearly stand behind any issue you have.

Dawson - gunsmiths have been very helpful as well.

Good Luck and the front end investment pays off in the end.

Did you pick up the Open Gun yet?

I only buy new - Open is picky enough - I would not want to buy someone's elses problems.

I decided upon STI, since my 2nd gun was and STI and ran so well.

They clearly stand behind any issue you have.

Dawson - gunsmiths have been very helpful as well.

Good Luck and the front end investment pays off in the end.

hahahaa,
nothing wrong with buying used mr.howard, high end guns are like Rolex's
and you can have as much trouble with a new one as a used one, better to know
a good gunsmith or buy a used custom from a reputable builder.
:roflol:

What are your biggest challenges and things to change and get used too I'm on the same boat shot glocks for 4 hrs and took my open gun apart and sold it to fund an open 2011 build it won't be done until March/April thinking of buying an edge to just get used to the platform and letting the g34 sit in the safe for now ?