Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The registration process will take place from Saturday October 18th thru Sunday October 26th 2014. On Sunday October 26th, registration will close and the lottery process will take place. Shortly thereafter, you will be notified whether you are in the match or on the wait-list.

Went to the registration link just now and it says closed though there are still almost 23h Sunday left. I expected "thru Sunday" to mean "up to and including Sunday"?

Oh well, guess I'm out again.

Yeah, open through Sunday the 26th implied it would be open today, which is when I had my reminder set for, cause I knew I would be home and able to register. Bummer...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, thanks for addressing the big complaint from last year. I made it in last year but if I am in, waitlisted, or don't get in this year I think this is a great response to the the huge number of people trying to get into this deservedly popular match.

The registration process including the lottery process is complete. The lottery process was completed by the Practiscore Match Management program to ensure complete impartiality.

The registration announcement stated that "On Sunday October 26th, registration will close and the lottery process will take place."

That is exactly what happened.

I am truly sorry for the very few that missed the opportunity to register by waiting until the last minute. For the two people that I know of that contacted me, I have placed them on the wait-list.

The match had 325 total entries. 200 shooters will be awarded shooting slots starting as soon as I finish this post.

The rest will become part of the wait list.

So I am confident that 200 people will think that the lottery process was a great idea and the rest will not.

We are humbled by the popularity of our match and your desire to attend. We are confident that this process allowed everyone an equal chance to attend our match.

Thanks again for your interest in our match.

Russ - Smm3g staff member

Edited by RUSSO

The registration process including the lottery process is complete. The lottery process was completed by the Practiscore Match Management program to ensure complete impartiality.

The registration announcement stated that "On Sunday October 26th, registration will close and the lottery process will take place."

That is exactly what happened.

I am truly sorry for the very few that missed the opportunity to register by waiting until the last minute. For the two people that I know of that contacted me, I have placed them on the wait-list.

Im a big fan of the new system and I didnt even make it on to the wait list, so dont assume that people dont like it just because they didnt make it in ;)

Its vastly better then the "click within the first millisecond of registration opening" and it's also great that you have the group registration option.

Unfortunately "through Sunday" to me always meant up to and including all of Sunday. I guess the wording about the registration on Sunday should have raised a red flag, but it is what it is.

Have fun, I'm sure it will be a great match, hopefully there will be another one in 2016 :)

Regarding the number of Competitors that shoot SMM3G.

RO's/Staff and some Company Sponsors shoot the Match on Wednesday and Thursday. These folks are also Competitors and shoot the Match for score.

There are also Sponsored Shooters who shoot the Match, whereby Sponsor slots are allocated based on level of Sponsorship of the Match - these are the wonderful companies that provide all of the items that are on the Prize Tables. Sponsored shooter Registration is done via a completely different process.

Mick

SMM3G Sponsor Coordinator

Finbox:

At the match, you or a representative will need to confirm your registration specifics and pick up your score cards before you can shoot. This will be available 8-5 on Thursday and also Friday morning. Some shooters that do not start until Friday afternoon can pick them up Friday morning. I understand that you are most likely trying to make hotel reservations, but it will depend on your squad assignment on when you actually start the match.

Gunther:

In addition to what Mick said; For this year we expect to have more shooters than last year. The "total number of shooters" will also include those staff members that shoot the pre-match that allow the match to ultimately take place and also the Sponsored shooters which allows us to have the amazing prize table year after year. Don't waste your time trying to figure out the exact numbers. Lots will happen between now and the first shot being fired.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, 200 got in,125 on wait list, 325 total entries. But 350+ shooters shot it last year. Did they lower the amount of competitors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to usually assume that at least 1/3 of the shooters are sponsored by the companies that fill up the prize table..

The shooters banquet is on Saturday night and last couple of years was sponsored by Brownells. I've been for the past couple of years and it has been a nice dinner with some great door prizes.

I'll chime in with support for the new lottery system. Yeah, I got in, but I'd be in favor of the lottery either way. I'm also glad I didn't wait until the last minute to register.

What I don't understand is the $10 fee to process payment through (not thru) Practiscore. I couldn't swallow that, so I'm glad there was the option to mail in payment directly to SMM3G.