Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We had a cute little Australian Shepherd puppy "adopt" us on Monday, she's been hanging out in our garage and I've grown fond of her. If we can't find her owners, I'll end up keeping her or trying to find a good home for her where she'll get lots of attention. This is a stock photo from Wiki, but this pretty well could be her with a thinner white "collar."

Australian_Shepherd_rot_tricolor.jpg

Now, I can't keep calling her puppy, but I've thought about the following names, but I am open to suggestions.

Sig/Siggy

Bren

Popper

???

Edited by GreenDragon64

My Aussie was named Ivey....when I picked her up when she was a puppy (runt of the litter and the last of her siblings to be adopted), she had rolled in poisin ivy right before I actually picked her up...and I am very allergic to poison ivy...Find something about her/him that fits the personality and describes her/him.

She was hanging around in the garage, Chevelle.

I've been calling her Bren for the past few days, she'll prick her ears up and she will come when called. We're still looking to find a good, loving home for her. She's intelligent and loves to play fetch with the squeaky shark and her tennis ball. If you know of anybody in the northeastern corner of Alabama that has lots of land and would take care of her, PM me.

I've been calling her Bren for the past few days, she'll prick her ears up and she will come when called. We're still looking to find a good, loving home for her. She's intelligent and loves to play fetch with the squeaky shark and her tennis ball. If you know of anybody in the northeastern corner of Alabama that has lots of land and would take care of her, PM me.

Don't dogs react more to the tone of your voice than they do a name? Try yelling hey shithead in a cheery voice and I bet her ears will perk up. :cheers:

Another name hit me today while driving around

Briley

She looks like a "Found" to me. Too bad if you can't keep her. She already loves you and will for life. I never would have dreamt how important my dog would be to me. Maybe she found you as part of a bigger plan?

Edited by hercster

• 2 weeks later...

I have good news. Late last week we were out playing in the yard with her squeaky toy and tennis ball when the momsnof a few of the neighborhood kids came over and started playing with her. After they heard that she wandered up and needs a good home, one of them asked her husband, then they ended up building a mid-sized pen and bought her a dog house and proper bed (I had given puppy one of my bed pillows), and took her.

She's only a few houses down from us, Hazel (what the daughters named her due to her coloration) looks very happy having kids to play with and love on.

I have good news. Late last week we were out playing in the yard with her squeaky toy and tennis ball when the momsnof a few of the neighborhood kids came over and started playing with her. After they heard that she wandered up and needs a good home, one of them asked her husband, then they ended up building a mid-sized pen and bought her a dog house and proper bed (I had given puppy one of my bed pillows), and took her.

She's only a few houses down from us, Hazel (what the daughters named her due to her coloration) looks very happy having kids to play with and love on.

HAZEL?!? :eatdrink: