Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a model 51470, 1911 A2 Tactical 2011 22TCM/9MM. I am looking for the base pad as in the picture or a replacement base pad that will fit the factory magwell also is there a base pad that will fit the factory magwell that will add capacity?

Thanks

Dean

post-6853-0-95920200-1427510540_thumb.jp

post-6853-0-20802500-1427510551_thumb.jp

post-6853-0-09635600-1427510563_thumb.jp

This is a model 51470, 1911 A2 Tactical 2011 22TCM/9MM. I am looking for the base pad as in the picture or a replacement base pad that will fit the factory magwell also is there a base pad that will fit the factory magwell that will add capacity?

Thanks

Dean

The Dawson extended basepads for Para P16-40 fits on the Mecgar Para P18-9 magazines. And yes, the P18-9 magazines with the Dawson basepad fit in the stock magwell. I have pics but I'm "new" to the forum and it won't let me post them.

If all goes according to plan, I'm going to picking up a new to me RIA 2011 .40 Tactical on Saturday. Been shooting striker fired stuff for a while and looking forward to going back to a 1911 style platform. Guess I'm gonna have to start reloading .40 now.

New to double stack 1911's. Just trying to understand parts differences/interchangeability with a standard 1911. As I think I understand it, the slide parts are standard 1911 stuff. The big differences are the trigger, mag release, and grips? What extended magazine release would fit this gun?

New to double stack 1911's. Just trying to understand parts differences/interchangeability with a standard 1911. As I think I understand it, the slide parts are standard 1911 stuff. The big differences are the trigger, mag release, and grips? What extended magazine release would fit this gun?

Those RIA frames are identical to the older Para models. For my RIA 2011 9mm, the Guncraft Extended Mag Release for Para Hi Cap just dropped right in. You can make others work by fitting it in (some grinding and sanding).

Those RIA frames are identical to the older Para models. For my RIA 2011 9mm, the Guncraft Extended Mag Release for Para Hi Cap just dropped right in. You can make others work by fitting it in (some grinding and sanding).

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

An earlier post in this thread suggests that SVI triglide triggers and Dawson Posilock mag releases function as close to drop in.

Brandon @ SVI indicated that some fitting is required to fit an SVI trigger into my Canadian P16. Guessing that applies to the RIA as well considering frame similarities.

Can we confirm that the Dawson Posilock mag realease will work on the RIA/Para frame? Anyone try it? It was originally designed for the STI style frame. I gave Dawson a call and they could not confirm it would fit. If it does I'll get one right away.

Here is the previous post. I think it will vary from frame to frame, so try at your own risk.

The SVI triglide and posi-lok were staright drop ins. Surprisingly, no modifications involved. The Triglide worked the very first time I dropped it in and was surprised that I didnt have to adjust the take-up tab. It took away all the take-up that the stock trigger had. Im very happy about that because it was an expensive gamble but luckily it paid off. However, there is still a little bit of trigger movement up and down but it does tighten up when the hammer is cocked. Im thinking of putting a shim on the trigger to take that movement out (maybe a small piece of aluminum tape will do the trick but I havent tried it yet and I don't know how reliable it will be since it will be on a moving part). Let me know if you have a better solution.

Now about the Posi-lok. It functions well and it is smoother than the stock mag release but it goes a little too far in to the left side (button side) so it is not flush with the frame on the right side by about 100ths of an inch. Best thing to do is call Dawson and ask them which one will work with our gun (something I should have done before ordering but I didnt). Have fun with your new toy! You will love it!

So, I just picked up my RIA TAC Ultra FS HC- .40S&W #51782.Trying to find mags for it. I did get a couple Mec-Gar mags with it that have what I was told were Dawson base pads with Graham spring/follower. Just wanted to confirm that the below Mec-Gar mag is the correct one for my gun.

"Para Ordnance P16 15 round .40 S&W blued MGP164015B"

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked online to someone at RIA, through their live chat on their website. I was asking about future availability of the Pro Match Ultra HC .40 51738. He looked it up and said the last batch was sent out in December of 2014. It doesn't sound like they are trying too hard to keep up with demand for that model. Which sucks, because it's golden for Limited.

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked to someone at Rock Island about adding their Rock Island magwell to my 22 TCM Target. They informed me that they didn't have them, but that the Smith and Alexander Full Para Mag Guide was the same as used on the TCM TAC Ultra, but that they would have to cut the frame to make it fit. The pictures of the S and A full Para Mag Guide looks like a different mag well to me, but I'll order it just to sure. Seems awfully painful process just to add a mag well to a gun.

Anybody else done this?

Update: All good, I got it sorted: They gave me the contact for their gunsmith and he has the RI mag well in house. I'll be sending him the gun for a slight trim and this way the warranty stays intact.

Edited by Stress

• 4 weeks later...