Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips for SP-01 Shadow

Kahai808

I am not a big fan of aluminum grips after shooting a match in cooler weather. (In this case, Tech-well aluminum grips on a single stack when the temperature was in high 20's-low 30's) They seem to pull all the heat right out of my hands after the gun had been out in the cold for couple hours.

As result of this experience, I ended up with a set of VZs for my SP01.

How about leaving one of those disposable hand warmers in the magwell between stages?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I added some aluminum grips with an aggressive texture. The color is called pewter. Sort of a dark chrome color. Supposedly they are CNC'ed just outside of the CZ factory in Czechoslovakia then imported to Canada (that's where I got them).

o6xxGQY.jpg

Love the look of these. Too bad the custom shop doesn't carry them.

CZ USA has the grips (not the pewter color though) in their web store.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/pistols/grips/full-size

• 1 month later...

I ordered a pair of the black chequered grips from Dlask for my CZ Kadet. High quality grips and exactly as advertised with CZ logos on both sides.

I then ordered a pair of the pewter grips for my new Shadow Duo-tone and they are well made. But.... they came with a maple leaf on the left grip and CZ logo on the right. We had a few emails about the description on his website showing a CZ logo on the left and my expectation that I was buying the same as previous but in a different color. I sent them back. The website has still not had the description updated.

I added some aluminum grips with an aggressive texture. The color is called pewter. Sort of a dark chrome color. Supposedly they are CNC'ed just outside of the CZ factory in Czechoslovakia then imported to Canada (that's where I got them).

o6xxGQY.jpg

Edited by BMaus

I ordered a pair of the black chequered grips from Dlask for my CZ Kadet. High quality grips and exactly as advertised with CZ logos on both sides.

I then ordered a pair of the pewter grips for my new Shadow Duo-tone and they are well made. But.... they came with a maple leaf on the left grip and CZ logo on the right. We had a few emails about the description on his website showing a CZ logo on the left and my expectation that I was buying the same as previous but in a different color. I sent them back. The website has still not had the description updated.

My grips came with CZ logos only. I suppose you would have to be Canadian to appreciate a Maple Leaf on your grip.

Did Dlask say they made a mistake or were they simply out of the grips with the CZ logos?

I ordered a pair of those pewter colored aluminum grips from Dlask of Canada a few days ago. I really like the Torx screws that come with the grips, those old school Phillip screws from CZ look like surplus parts from the 1950's. No Maple Leaf please...

Does anybody know the difference in thickness between these and the DAA thick grips? I run the DAA thick grips and like how thick they are. I just wished they provided more traction.

I don't have VZ Diamondbacks, I have instead the Tactical Diamonds (smaller diamonds). My 75 measures 1.2 across the grip and I imagine it might be a few thousands more with the more aggresive checkering.

The thick DAAs say they will make your grip 32 mm (1.259") so it seems that it might be a wash between them and the diamondbacks.

My grips came with CZ logos only. I suppose you would have to be Canadian to appreciate a Maple Leaf on your grip.

Did Dlask say they made a mistake or were they simply out of the grips with the CZ logos?

My first pair also came with CZ logos on both sides.

He said that the new grips come like that.

The description on the website not reflecting the product is what annoyed me.

I can see how maple leafs on both sides would appeal to Canucks but 2 different logos just look messy.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a set of the Pewter grips from Dlask. They showed up with the Maple Leaf on the right panel.

Contacted them about it - since the web site gives no indication the grips will having anything other than the CZ logo on them.

They said I could send back the panel with the Maple Leaf and they'll replace it with one that has the CZ logo.

Just seems kind of silly not to make this stuff clear on the web site.

I am not a big fan of aluminum grips after shooting a match in cooler weather. (In this case, Tech-well aluminum grips on a single stack when the temperature was in high 20's-low 30's) They seem to pull all the heat right out of my hands after the gun had been out in the cold for couple hours.

How about leaving one of those disposable hand warmers in the magwell between stages?

Just make sure you TAKE THE HAND WARMER OUT OF THE MAG WELL before you make ready. That was an embarrassing mistake once...

What ever happened to the CZC 'thick' aluminum skate tape grips they used to have. I had some of those on an older CZ 75 SA years ago and loved them. Do they still offer them. I don't have the dimensions on me, but all the new thin grips make the grip feel too narrow, IMHO.

When I got my SP-01 two years ago I rocked the rubber grips for a while until I shot a summer match outside were perspiration was a concern. Rather than use Pro Grip or the like I ordered CZC's thin aluminum aggressive checker grips. I enjoyed them until my Accu-shadow arrived last fall with CZC's aluminum grip tape grips. I have since sold my aggressive checker grips and bought the grip tape ones to match. They are wonderful!

I have the CZ Custom thick aggressive pattern aluminum grips on my Accu's. I really like the size and aggressive texture. However, I do prefer the texture of the VZ Diamond grips even more, but they are just too thin for my hands. I tried them out for a few matches and went back to the CZC thick grips. It would be great if VZ made a grip the same thickness as the CZC thick aluminum grips with the aggressive diamond texture. For me that would be the ideal grip.

Edited by JGus

VZ Diamondbacks are awesome. At first they rubbed my hands raw(ish), but I quickly aclimated to them and haven't looked back. Most plastic framed pistols feel slick as snot after handling VZ diamondbacks.

From my experience, the VZ Tactical Diamonds are very nice looking but don't offer much in the way of enhanced grip.

What ever happened to the CZC 'thick' aluminum skate tape grips they used to have. I had some of those on an older CZ 75 SA years ago and loved them. Do they still offer them. I don't have the dimensions on me, but all the new thin grips make the grip feel too narrow, IMHO.

They claim to still sell them:

http://czcustom.com/cz_75-thick-grips.aspx

CZ 75 (SP01) THICK AL Grips LONG BLACK Grip Tape

Just make sure you TAKE THE HAND WARMER OUT OF THE MAG WELL before you make ready. That was an embarrassing mistake once...

Have them. Have a set on my desk.

VZ Diamondbacks are awesome. At first they rubbed my hands raw(ish), but I quickly aclimated to them and haven't looked back. Most plastic framed pistols feel slick as snot after handling VZ diamondbacks.

From my experience, the VZ Tactical Diamonds are very nice looking but don't offer much in the way of enhanced grip.

im with you. love my Diamondbacks