Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips for SP-01 Shadow

Kahai808

Well I recently picked up a Shadow Target and wanted to get some feed back on what grips people are using. After searching around i noticed that people are not happy about the thin grips these come with.

-VZ seem to be a popular choice.

-What about these? http://czcustom.com/cz_75-thin-grips-aggressive-checker.aspx

I know at the end it really depends on the user. I just want to see what other options are out there and what people like to use.

Thank for your time guys!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you will like it just like your Tanfoglio Grips.

Some prefer rubber others tweak it to there liking and it boils down to personal preferences.

I have the above in my Shadow:)

I like the thin-grip tape grips that come on them. I tried the aggressive ones that you have a link to, but I didn't like them (too aggressive). I settled with the colored ones from Cz USA , they are not as sharp as the aggressive ones, but better then the smooth ones. The colored ones are thin like the smooth.

I have daa grips on my shadow and really like them. They are thin like the aluminum cz grips but have a lot more texture to them.

damn i totally forgot about the DAA ones. i know i seen them around before.

I really like the DAA thick grip. Was looking for the thickest grips I could find because I never liked the diameter of the CZ SP01 Shadow grip. Always thought it was a little on the skinny side. The DAAs are the thickest I could find and seem to make a big difference on my gun grip. Seems like I can squeeze tighter, although, it may all just be in my mind.....

Edited by Mespo

Does anybody know the difference in thickness between these and the DAA thick grips? I run the DAA thick grips and like how thick they are. I just wished they provided more traction.

the thick DAA grips are about the thickest aftermarket grips out there. definitely thicker than the VZ grips. the only thing bigger is the factory rubber grips (which are ugly but work well for me).

I added some aluminum grips with an aggressive texture. The color is called pewter. Sort of a dark chrome color. Supposedly they are CNC'ed just outside of the CZ factory in Czechoslovakia then imported to Canada (that's where I got them).

o6xxGQY.jpg

Edited by razorfish

I am not a big fan of aluminum grips after shooting a match in cooler weather. (In this case, Tech-well aluminum grips on a single stack when the temperature was in high 20's-low 30's) They seem to pull all the heat right out of my hands after the gun had been out in the cold for couple hours.

As result of this experience, I ended up with a set of VZs for my SP01.

I am not a big fan of aluminum grips after shooting a match in cooler weather. (In this case, Tech-well aluminum grips on a single stack when the temperature was in high 20's-low 30's) They seem to pull all the heat right out of my hands after the gun had been out in the cold for couple hours.

Hmm... I never considered shooting in cold weather with aluminum grips.

Once you add up all of the actual trigger time for a typical match it only amounts to a couple of minutes handling the pistol. I guess I'll just consider aluminum grips motivation to shoot faster in cold weather (less time in contact with cold grips).

Different situation for me though... I'm way south of you so not much cold weather where I am.

I added some aluminum grips with an aggressive texture. The color is called pewter. Sort of a dark chrome color. Supposedly they are CNC'ed just outside of the CZ factory in Czechoslovakia then imported to Canada (that's where I got them).

o6xxGQY.jpg

Love the look of these. Too bad the custom shop doesn't carry them.

After searching around i noticed that people are not happy about the thin grips these come with.

I've always like the thin AL grips and use them on several CZs. They make the grip super manageable and have (IMHO) the perfect amount of texture. You can always add more skate tape.

If you decide you need something better, PM me re you old ones.