Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best glock magazine base pad

Shooter212

I prefer TTI's for the color, simplicity and cleaner look. Dawson's work fine, but they rattle when loaded, and that just doesn't sit well with me. But any will work as intended, it is really just a personal preference thing. I've never tried Arredondo's, but I've heard the argument that some would rather drop $35 worth of plastic on the ground than $35+ of aluminum.

All comes down to personal preference. I have the Dawson's. Nothing wrong with them, they work fine and are easy on/off. But, if I had it to do over I'd get the TTIs, only for the looks as I'm pretty confident functionality is the same.

I like the weight of the aluminum for both adding weight to the pistol and also giving some extra weight to drop the mags out of the gun when changing mags. No break in with the Dawsons.

I have used all of them over the years- Arredondo, Dawson Precision, Taylor Freelance, and TTI. The only ones that ever broke on me or failed me were the Arredondo and Taylor Freelance basepads. Either they broke apart on contact when dropped (grass and concrete) or they failed/came apart during a stage/practice.

The Dawson were pretty solid but they sounded like a castanet when loaded and you had to really force a load/reload.

The TTI basepads are all I use or will ever use now. They are solid, easy on/off for maintenance and cleaning between stages, multiple color choices to match gear or isolate for tracking, offer options of capacity/size for different divisions or shooting disciplines, and TTI offers custom laser engraving. The TTI Glock basepads are worth every penny and their customer service is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded from stock factory basepads to TTI. I am looking forward to trying them out during a match tonight. so far I am very impressed with their quality and how easily they slipped on.

I have both Dawson and TTI, and had to do some mag swapping yesterday since I'm selling the G35 and got a good feel for the on/off and how they feel on their own off the mags. I prefer TTI because of how easy they are to take off for mag cleaning. The Dawsons can be a tad bit tough to slide open if it has been a while since I cleaned them last. For ease of install I'd have to give the nod to the Dawsons. Both are easy, but being able to compress the mag spring in the extension on the Dawson made it just a tad easier.

I know it isn't much, but the TTI are $9.50 more than the Dawsons for each extension ($41.99 vs $32.49). I have 12 mags for my G35; 6x 40 and 6x 9mm. That's $114 extra if I had put extensions on all of them in TTI. That's half way to nice race holster. On paper, everything points to the Dawsons....but I prefer the TTI. I never broke down the cost before, but even knowing it now I would go TTI. But that's just my opinion.