Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 3-Gun Nationals 2005

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just learned through my Area 8 Director, that the 3-gun Natinals will be in Las Vegas at the Desert Sportsman Club October 13 through October 16.

vegas! cool. hope the berms are a bit higher than the 98 nationals...i was ducking all week!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hope the berms are a bit higher than the 98 nationals...i was ducking all week!

I got tagged on the elevated stage in '98, missed taking out my knee cap by about 2." I think i might have a feeling what vets feel like when they hear fireworks. I was hitting the deck the rest of the weekend. :ph34r:

Pray it's not Arizona Charlie's.

Actually, the smart thing to do would be to stay somewhere close to the range. The commute from the strip or near it is horrible. The Suncoast is the closest place I know of (as of a couple years ago) and it's really nice.

Pray it's not Arizona Charlie's.

Actually, the smart thing to do would be to stay somewhere close to the range. The commute from the strip or near it is horrible. The Suncoast is the closest place I know of (as of a couple years ago) and it's really nice.

I like AZ Charlies!! It is older but cheap, clean and closer to the range.

If I shoot in Vegas I don't mind staying there as long as my wife is not with me, then I stay at Mandalay Bay.

Guy

The food at Charlie's sucks too (IMO anyway).

It's not anywhere near as cheap as Charlie's, but the JW Marriott golf resort is less than 5 minutes from the range, clean and a much more secure facility. The food is excellent and not over-priced either. 5 stars. My wife found a spa room discount deal there in 2002 and I was lounging in a hot tub at the end of each day before my squadmates were even halfway back to Charlie's.

--

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

JW Marriott is $285 a night for Oct. 13-17, '05. Well, George, you did say it's not anywhere near as cheap as Arizona Charlies.... Makes the SunCoast look like a bargain at $129 a night. The 5th wheel is looking better all the time ( no spa, of course )

JW Marriott is $285 a night for Oct. 13-17, '05. Well, George, you did say it's not anywhere near as cheap as Arizona Charlies.... Makes the SunCoast look like a bargain at $129 a night. The 5th wheel is looking better all the time ( no spa, of course )

there are lots of cheaper places, if u wanna step up from arizona charlies, WIMHO, sucks. i already bagged the stratosphere...$99 a nite for fri & sat, $49 a nite for thursday and monday...yea it's on the strip, but valet parking baby! i'll gladly pay some poor jamoke to hump all my 3 gun gear every day...