Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 3-Gun Nationals 2005

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

www.uspsa-nationals.org now has the shoot running from check-in on the 13th. to awards on the 17th. I am hoping this is a typing error and the awards will still be on the 16th. All reservations for flights and rooms have already been made.

Anyone know for sure?

I think It says:

Shooters Meeting: 10/13 6 PM @ range

Competition:10/14 8 AM - 6 PM

Competition:10/15 8 AM - 6 PM

Lunch break Oct 14 -15 from 12 to 1

Sunday Oct 16th:

Shooting starts 8 AM

Shooting ends 2 PM

Final scores posted by 3:30 PM

Awards by 4:30 PM

Scott Peterson

It was a typo...

Here's the latest update from the website.

UPDATE: Please note that I mistyped this entry a few days ago and said the awards would be on the 17th. THAT WAS INCORRECT. The match will be over and done with on the afternoon of the 16th, as stated in your confirmation packet. I apologize for any inconvenience this typo might have caused. I've fixed the error in the communication below.

Yeah, uh, sorry 'bout that. I didn't mean to give you guys congestive heart failure. I had been making room reservations all day for 3Gun staff and most of them are leaving on the 17th. I didn't fully switch gears before making that post.

(I know: excuses, excuses.) :P

Kim

I sure hope that is a typo. It better not take 3 full days to shoot 12 stages!!!

I am also wondering how they are going to do squadding?

Scott

You'll most likely shoot 5 stages each day on Friday and Saturday and 2 on Sunday. In the past you shot in the morning one day and the afternoon on the other and every shot on Sunday morning.

anyone notice stage 7?  looks like we will be wearing a hot pistol while engaging rifle targets...can't remember ever doing this in uspsa multi-gun-certainly other 3 gun matches have.

At least you don't have to climb into and helicopter with it hot while shooting your shotgun out the opposite side port like we did at SMM3G.

Edited by TMC

Or climb a 25' rapelling tower with a slung rifle and holstered pistol (cold of course, but a daunting proposition nonetheless) like at the MGM IronMan ;-)

I like it!

How about crawling under the camo netting 18" off the ground with your hot shotgun and hot holstered pistol, that was fun...or running up a wash with a hot rifle slung over your back engaging pistol targets and then holstering your hot pistol and going prone in talcum power like dirt with your rifle! Nothing like clearing a hot pistol full of dirt and finding the safety off because as your were going for your rifle you bumped your pistol! Tales from the last SWAT match.

Lovee it. That's the type of stuff I like doing as an open (weeny) division shooter.

Too bad some matches that do that type of stuff don't think open shooters can do it in the dirt too. The RM3G doesn't have that problem and neither does SMM3G evidentally. We need more of that stuff in USPSA ;-)

--

Regards,

Or climb a 25' rapelling tower with a slung rifle and holstered pistol (cold of course, but a daunting proposition nonetheless) like at the MGM IronMan ;-)

I like it!

How about crawling under the camo netting 18" off the ground with your hot shotgun and hot holstered pistol, that was fun...or running up a wash with a hot rifle slung over your back engaging pistol targets and then holstering your hot pistol and going prone in talcum power like dirt with your rifle! Nothing like clearing a hot pistol full of dirt and finding the safety off because as your were going for your rifle you bumped your pistol! Tales from the last SWAT match.

the thought of doing that with a limcat holster makes me wanna consume massive quantities of adult beverages. think i'll break out the old safariland 009 for that stage, since 5.2.5.3 allows for changing. ;)

While were on the subject of stages, I assume we have all seen the stage descriptions and I am just wondering??? (I hate to be critical.. but) There is not even one stage that requires strong side and weak side shotgun and rifle shooting. We get plenty of strong hand, weak hand pistol in regular matches, but no strong side and weak side rifle and shotgun in the 3-Gun NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

What's up with that?

Scott

BTW the tower stage at the Ironman is always one of the most fun times anyone can have while shooting.

While were on the subject of stages, I assume we have all seen the stage descriptions and I am just wondering??? (I hate to be critical.. but) There is not even one stage that requires strong side and weak side shotgun and rifle shooting. We get plenty of strong hand, weak hand pistol in regular matches, but no strong side and weak side rifle and shotgun in the 3-Gun NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

What's up with that?

Scott

BTW the tower stage at the Ironman is always one of the most fun times anyone can have while shooting.

shoulda shot the 3gun nats last year in reno-u like weak hand rifle against a wall prone shooting out to 280 yds. like shooting shotgun prone and having to reload with a stick? they had that too. :lol:

What's up with that?

Scott

shoulda shot the 3gun nats last year in reno-u like weak hand rifle against a wall prone shooting out to 280 yds. like shooting shotgun prone and having to reload with a stick? they had that too. :lol:

You know that the stages don't always work like the drawings make you think they will. If I remember correctly, that Reno rifle stage was just a wall with 2 ports on the diagram, who knew about the side walls and the ports right at the corners :wacko:

Edited by TMC

Anybody have an idea what squadding is going to look like? Are they using online squadding or is Kimberly doing it. What is the shooting schedule. I've got number of stages per day and what days but are we shooting all day/half day? Every other stage? Be nice to know so I plan the evenings out, you know get trashed Friday or Saturday night.

Anybody have an idea what squadding is going to look like?  Are they using online squadding or is Kimberly doing it.  What is the shooting schedule.  I've got number of stages per day and what days but are we shooting all day/half day?  Every other stage?  Be nice to know so I plan the evenings out, you know get trashed Friday or Saturday night.

according to kim, it will NOT be open squadding-she's doing it and said it might be on the web site by this weekend. supposed to be 1/2 days each day, like last year. depends on which schedule you get. in reno, we had the early/late/early version-clearly the worse of the two. you shoot first thing, so you never got to see anything before you shot-no biggie, but could have been helpful. that bad part was the saturday late schedule. started around 1230 and i actually finished a rifle stage at 2059 that night. by the time you get back to the hotel, clean 3 guns, shower & eat, it was 0100-then off the the range at 0600 the next day. :wacko: