Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Bulge.....

Anyone have a recommendation to remove the Glock Bulge?

I have 5gallon bucket of Glocked 40SW brass.

Is the Lee Bulge Buster any good? EGW u die? Redding GXR ? I know they dont address the extracter groove, but these are all affordable.

or do you all recommend the casepro? Are there any alternatives? has anyone made their own?

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EGW U-DIE here. Has given me no problems with .40 or 9mm. I don't shoot Glocks, but I use all range pick up brass and many of the people I shoot with shoot stock glock barrels. Just make sure you have the die adjusted all the way down so it sizes as low on the case as possible.

HAHA Ken,

I already have several STIs, tell me about the great buys on STIs??? haha I have range pick up brass that was shot from Glocks and is "glocked"

so 2 people say GRX, 1 for the Lee , 1 for the EGW...

of course all of the solutions are about 1K cheaper than a full set up for a case pro.....

Thanks yall

One thing to point out is if you go with the GRX that introduce another separate step to your reloading process. Has to been done on a single stage press. Then you go and load the ammo on your progressive, where as the Lee/EGW type dies you just install and go. Just something to consider...

40 S@W is where the Lee U die shines. Lube cases before loading I polished the powder funnel so a sized piece of brass just slipped on the funnel, stopped chigger bites, small cupped bends on the edge of the brass. One pass through the press will do it all.

Yes I have resized this brass in my Dillon dies and it will not get the bulge out fully. I know this becase the resized brass will not fit into a Dillon case gauge.

My resizing die is down as far as it can go on both a 650 and a 1050.

it is the brass not the dies or the press.

I was only asking for suggestions because I have a such a huge amount of brass that is bulge. ( This is brass I have tossed aside because it will not drop into the gauge freely)

With the shear volume of brass that I have, the casepro would be nice. The price and availability make it not a reasonable option.

Ssanders224,

Right there with you...I reload a good bit of glocked brass and it's never been a big issue....even using the standard Dillon dies...

Heck, the biggest brass problem I have is my FAL tends to ding the everloving poo out of the case neck...have to hand form it round enough to fit in the die...

Jay

So, have you tried reloading this brass in your normal dies???

Are you actually having a problem?

I load all my .40 on standard Dillon SDB dies, and I RARELY have one that will not case gauge. This includes plenty of bulged brass.

Chevyz71,

You might want to try the Lee U die...cheapest solution. At least that way you could start processing the brass you have before routing it back into the group.

Jay

Yes I have resized this brass in my Dillon dies and it will not get the bulge out fully. I know this becase the resized brass will not fit into a Dillon case gauge.

My resizing die is down as far as it can go on both a 650 and a 1050.

it is the brass not the dies or the press.

I was only asking for suggestions because I have a such a huge amount of brass that is bulge. ( This is brass I have tossed aside because it will not drop into the gauge freely)

With the shear volume of brass that I have, the casepro would be nice. The price and availability make it not a reasonable option.

I have found that more often than not a case does not fit into the case gauge because of an imperfect rim, also why they have no problems with the "plunk" test in a barrel.

If the rim is in a shell plate, no die will fix this problem. You would need a roll sizer or push through die.

Take one of your rounds that fail the case gauge and see if it will drop in backwards. If it does not give it a twist or two, still backwards, in the gauge then turn it around and see if it works.