Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new 3un shotgun!

bigkyle72

Picked this up yesterday and couldnt be happier! Got a new Browning A5! I dont know why people arent using these things?!?!?

-It is lighter then 21" Benilli M2 and its a 26" (Im gonna cut it down)

IMG_0839.jpg

-Uses inertia system which is proven to be great

-I put a mag extention on it and its ready for a match

IMG_0840-1.jpg-Forend is flush so no need to shave it for quad loading

IMG_0862.jpg

-Most guns need a bigger bolt release, and charging handle, not this one because of the autoload

-AUTO LOAD feature!!!! This is why I bought this shotgun

th_IMG_0870.jpg

Click on pic to see vid of autoload feature

Edited by bigkyle72

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was handling one of these for the first time, last weekend. I gotta say, I was pretty impressed. Light weight, inertia driven, slim profile, flush handguard and... I tried to get by thumb caught by the lifter and couldn't, so it shouldn't need a welded lifter. Should be a shooter for sure.

Kickin it old school! In the duck blind the old A5 humpbacks have an awesome reputation for the better part of a 100 years.

I figured when browning brought back the A5 no one would buy them because everyone is still shooting they're grandpa's A5 because it still works.

I am baffled by the lack of discussion on the A5. I am actively shopping for a 26" myself right now. I agree with the recommendation to not cut it down from there. You would want a mag tube that holds at least 10 so the gun wont be shorter than 26" anyway.

Here is a thread I started after I noticed how good the A5 port looked for quad loading:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187064&hl=

Ya that's true, won't cut it down. Ya it's a 10+1 now and ya I'm in the same boat on why no one uses these. Maybe something I'm missing something and they suck for 3 gun but for what I can see, mag extension and open up loading port and your good to go. Have a match on May 4th so we will find out

How much does 4" of barrel weigh ?

Less than those extra shells hanging out there in the 10+1 with a 22" barrel. ;)

Mine is a 10+1 as well with a 26" barrel and no problem swinging it around. Actually thinking about going to a 12+1.

In my testing of the A5 it (for me at least) has more muzzle lift than my M2.

Ya that is really the only thing that I can find that is a draw back, for some reason, maybe because of the light weight but its def a harder hitting shotgun. You know you are firing a slug though this thing for sure

Just because it's inertia, doesn't mean it has benelli's track record. It is a nice gun, I've shot it personally...but they run finicky especially for those who can't help but rape things with a dremel.

I think you don't hear much about them because the jury is still out. Personally I have no desire to switch from Benelli, but if I did it's going to be after some of these new kids have been around the block a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ambluemax

How much does 4" of barrel weigh ?

Less than those extra shells hanging out there in the 10+1 with a 22" barrel. ;)

Mine is a 10+1 as well with a 26" barrel and no problem swinging it around. Actually thinking about going to a 12+1.

I'm already at 12+1 with a 24" barrel- looks ridiculious, 3" less barrel is gonna be straight hideous. Can't wait! Assuming 4 oz, roughly 3 feet from the end of the stock, it's going to reduce the moment arm about 3/4 ft.lb. I think.